1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What are you doing now and humorous banter.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by alf_Josiah, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Clivethedrive

Clivethedrive Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Best flour is coconut and chapati (made from chick pea) in equal measure,also almond flour is ok, I use butter and or trex veg shortening ,need to adjust liquid as these flours need more than ordinary types.....Happy baking

2. PatsyB

PatsyB Type 2 · Well-Known Member

up at 6 am this morning levels were 4.5 so happy about that, breakfast plus med's and jab had and dogs walked....shopping this am so had to get them walked early, hope all have a great day :D

3. wolfie11969

wolfie11969 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Morning all

Beautiful day here although it's cold.

I'm popping into town today to do some shopping for my daughter for Christmas. I know what she wants, have the sizes so will go buy the lovely things ready to wrap.

And walk Freddie over the nature reserve after hubby has taken son to train station. Going to be a quiet weekend

Enjoy your day

• Like Like x 1
  4. Molly56

Molly56 Don't have diabetes · Well-Known Member

Having a Rossi ice cream on Southend seafront....with chocolate flake of course :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. PatsyB

yawning as just got up and slept well, had my first mug of tea and looking forward to my second chuckles

6. Cumberland

Cumberland Type 1 · Master

Goodnight all

• Like Like x 2
  7. PatsyB

just got up and feeling tired dunno why as slept all night laughs about o have my first mug of tea then breakfast of bacon and egg plus one slice of brown toast

• Like Like x 1
  8. PatsyB

Just doen a 3 mile walk with the dogs and feel shattered and irritable ...poor hubby gets it lol

• Like Like x 2
  9. wolfie11969

Morning all

Beautiful sunny day here. It is cold though.

Freddie, in the night, has taken his muzzle off the side and chewed it to pieces. Naughty dog. So now have to get back in touch with Greyhound Trust to buy another.

He is now responding to his name and was amusing to watch last night as he decided our Chinese takeaway smelt nice so was trying to get on our laps at the plates. Still working on the toilet training.

Supposed to have the granddaughters today but daddy is playing games with my daughter so not sure as yet. Guess I better message him :bored:

Roast chicken for lunch and Jordan home this afternoon.

Busy day

• Like Like x 2
  10. PatsyB

Morning all, up and breakfast plus jab and med's had...need get dressed now and take the dogs out for their daily early morning walk then am unsure what the rest of the day holds for me....

• Like Like x 2
  11. wolfie11969

Well we have sunshine but its cold. If I'm cold now what does winter hold for me?

Not doing much today apart from online shopping (poor hubby's wallet) and taking Freddie for a long walk. We live by a nature reserve which has a fossil pit so going to try see if I can find a fossil for little miss Hayleigh. (yes you are allowed to take them, in fact it's encouraged that you take a little hammer and take slices off the rocks). They found what's known as the Dudley Bug where we live and they had replicas in our local museum until they shut the museum down due to govt cuts.

I hope you all have a good day

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cumberland

Cumberland Type 1 · Master

Good morning ladies and gentlemen

Fair sunny not too cold
    Tesco shop to do and doctor at 3.45

Have a good day peeps

• Like Like x 3
  13. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Currently reading through the forum as I haven't been on for a year ! Theres a lot of reading to do !

• Like Like x 2
  14. PatsyB

woke at 4 am sighs went to the loo and thought better check sugars so washed hands and checked 4.1 so up i gets to have something to eat .......................yawns

• Like Like x 1
  15. Molly56

Good morning all......sunny here......off to the pictures this afternoon to see Bohemian Rhapsody with @Clivethedrive ....:)

16. wolfie11969

was it any good @Molly56? I was sort of brought up on Queen music along with various others I wont mention because they hurt my ears.

Mention Live Aid to youngsters today and they have no idea

17. wolfie11969

Morning all

Murky, dull day here in the Midlands and its so cold.

Today we have to go buy a new car battery and do some top up shopping. Also have to get Freddie out for a walk.

Daughter and the wee ones are coming tonight for tea. I'm going to make toad in the hole - I'm not keen on it but the others like it so one meal tonight instead of 4 or 5 (because they are all darn fussy). I'm having mine with veg, what they have I dont know yet.

And hopefully get some time to read my book. With the toilet training of Freddie our routine is out the window so I dont get evening time to read.

I wish you all a good day

18. Molly56

On train to London....lunch booked at Loch Fyne seafood restaurant in Covent Garden....using gift card received as wedding present so will remind us of our special day in July:).....sun is shining and blue skies so just a perfect day...
    ...hope everyone else is having a good day whatever you are doing...:)

• Like Like x 1
  19. wolfie11969

Well the sky is blue but its darn cold.

Today we are taking Mr Freddie back to the Greyhound Trust to have his nails trimmed and a run in their enclosed paddock with some other greyhounds. And also to replace the muzzle he chewed through.

Oh and get a new car battery on the way home.

Then washing, ironing and putting it away. Oh the life I lead.

Hubby out tonight at another tribute concert so son and I will be watching the latest Jurassic World.

Enjoy your day

• Like Like x 2
  20. wolfie11969

How was Loch Fyne? They have one about 20 miles from us and I've always wanted to go. Hubby not so keen

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook