Socks for us??

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I have never worn 'special socks' in my 29 years of diabetes, and at those prices............... it's a no.

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Looks like the same stuff as the gloves I bought for my Raynards - they don't work very well.

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I will be working in minus temps with no heating over the winter. Just bought a single pair of Marino wool knee length socks. They were £18 a pair. I always wear two pairs for winter work plus thick insoles but every now and then end up with alarming blue feet in the shower.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I buy footwarmers from Hand warmers they stick under your socks just at the front of your foot worth a Google
Carol

Reactions: mike@work

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I can get three pairs of Tradies socks for $12.00.

Thanks, but I wanted something knee-length.
Love the product description though.... "Everybody knows - Ladies Love Tradies - and they’ll love you even more in a pair of Tradie Socks. Our socks are designed specifically with Tradies in mind, ensuring there’s plenty of room to move, comfort and durability."
That nearly swung it for me though! :)

D

Deleted member 308541

Thanks, but I wanted something knee-length.
Love the product description though.... "Everybody knows - Ladies Love Tradies - and they’ll love you even more in a pair of Tradie Socks. Our socks are designed specifically with Tradies in mind, ensuring there’s plenty of room to move, comfort and durability."
That nearly swung it for me though! :)
Here's one of their adverts.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I will be working in minus temps with no heating over the winter. Just bought a single pair of Marino wool knee length socks. They were £18 a pair. I always wear two pairs for winter work plus thick insoles but every now and then end up with alarming blue feet in the shower.

Working in minus must be so difficult, I hope your feet don't suffer too much this winter.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Jo_the_boat - I spent part of yesterday shopping along with my OH, for thermies for both if us. M&S had a decent range, but actually Primark knocked them into a cocked hat on many levels.

My OH hates wearing socks, per se, so thermal socks are quite a step out (pun intended) for him, but he rather likes the Primark ones. Many of the Primark socks have absolutely smooth toe seams, so minimising on the risk of rubbing.

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Working in minus must be so difficult, I hope your feet don't suffer too much this winter.

Thanks, I need to do it (cash), I enjoy it and it keeps me exercising.
Last year when the Beast From The East blew in it did get a bit chilly. I was working on a 200-year-old cottage with stone slab floors. It was like working on a glacier. I'd come home for lunch and sit with my feet of a microwave-warmed bean bag for an hour (carefully).
Perhaps I should move over to Tipetoo's part of the world.
Anyhow I'm going to give those socks a try, despite them not working for the Carols's Reynards hands.
The hand warmer foot warmers have too many dodgy reviews, but thanks anyway.

Reactions: Prem51

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Jo_the_boat - I spent part of yesterday shopping along with my OH, for thermies for both if us. M&S had a decent range, but actually Primark knocked them into a cocked hat on many levels.

My OH hates wearing socks, per se, so thermal socks are quite a step out (pun intended) for him, but he rather likes the Primark ones. Many of the Primark socks have absolutely smooth toe seams, so minimising on the risk of rubbing.

Thanks that's very useful. I have a day spare today so may go hunting.
I'm OK knees up. It's lower down with the circulation problems where I have to watch it.
I do have some good thermals, the sort of thing the Beverly Hillbillies were seen parading around in!

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
WOW at that price I would want them to do my walking for me!!
I have never bought and special socks in my 47 years as diabetic

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
WOW at that price I would want them to do my walking for me!!
I have never bought and special socks in my 47 years as diabetic

Its not just diabetes. It's PAD, haven't got much blood flow in my legs.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Jo - Due to unforeseen circumstances (i.e. - we picked up the wrong USB cables), I was back in Primark this morning. This is an image of the socks I was talking about. They had some very, very thick ones, but I think anyone could struggle them to get them comfortably inside their usual footwear.

upload_2018-11-1_14-14-7.png

On my phone I can obviously expand the size to read the details, but at £4 maybe worth a punt?

They had plain black, plain grey and a couple of striped options.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
In that case they are well worth the cash. I am currently looking at a heated vest for work. I work as a receptionist in a garage/MOT station. Luckily I work in the office BUT it is freezing in here during the winter (Autumn and spring as well on times lol)

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Jo - Due to unforeseen circumstances (i.e. - we picked up the wrong USB cables), I was back in Primark this morning. This is an image of the socks I was talking about. They had some very, very thick ones, but I think anyone could struggle them to get them comfortably inside their usual footwear.

View attachment 29282

On my phone I can obviously expand the size to read the details, but at £4 maybe worth a punt?

They had plain black, plain grey and a couple of striped options.

I went and got some yesterday! My wife requested a couple of pairs too. Thanks for the heads up.