Socks for us??

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Try merino wool socks. A good deal cheaper and very warm too

I did, got some delivered. They are the expensive ones mentioned above.
They are long. Which means extra-long because I'm a bit of a shorty.
I'll be doing a test run tonight at a bonfire party. In fact I can dress each foot differently and compare!

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
When I lived in a sub-arctic region, with neuropathy in my feet, the podiatrist was very insistent on wearing natural fibres in socks. Wool in winter, cotton in summer, and yes - always breathable leather shoes, and boots of course, for the snow and ice. I'm pleased the wool socks seem like the way for you to go. And I totally agree on the knee-high thing. The Swedish store H&M would have great choice in knee-highs at a great price I am sure, as it is part of the winter-clothes culture in Scandinavian countries.

Which never, by the way, re the poor person working in a very cold garage indoors, would dream of making workers sit in cold conditions. Indoor heating is a wonderful thing! :). As for working outside? And there are plenty of folks in the sub arctic and the arctic who do that. Herr Svea just popped in to where I am keying, and I checked this info with him - yeah - natural fibres, make sure your head, neck and hands are not exposed to the too-cold air. And absolutely re your feet!

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When I lived in a sub-arctic region, with neuropathy in my feet, the podiatrist was very insistent on wearing natural fibres in socks. Wool in winter, cotton in summer, and yes - always breathable leather shoes, and boots of course, for the snow and ice. I'm pleased the wool socks seem like the way for you to go. And I totally agree on the knee-high thing. The Swedish store H&M would have great choice in knee-highs at a great price I am sure, as it is part of the winter-clothes culture in Scandinavian countries.

Which never, by the way, re the poor person working in a very cold garage indoors, would dream of making workers sit in cold conditions. Indoor heating is a wonderful thing! :). As for working outside? And there are plenty of folks in the sub arctic and the arctic who do that. Herr Svea just popped in to where I am keying, and I checked this info with him - yeah - natural fibres, make sure your head, neck and hands are not exposed to the too-cold air. And absolutely re your feet!

Thanks, seems like my theory is being endorsed by the experts!

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I did, got some delivered. They are the expensive ones mentioned above.
They are long. Which means extra-long because I'm a bit of a shorty.
I'll be doing a test run tonight at a bonfire party. In fact I can dress each foot differently and compare!

Just to follow up on my new extra-expensive, knee-length beauties.....
They really must be some special, the outdoor temperature went up to ten degrees! Now I can add climate-altering to their description.
In fact my family group chose to stand uncomfortably close to the bonfire so I could have stood there in just a pair of boxer shorts and still been too hot. My socks will face sterner tests I think.