Blood glucose went mental

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My bllod came back with a huge jump from 48 to 78 hba1c and i never changed my diet. The Doc had put me on new Blood pressure tablets, which hes told me to stop now. He says occasionally BP medication can have adverse effects on blood sugars. Anyone heard this before

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
That's a big hike. How long was it between your last A1c and this one?

LeftPeg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mine went from 52 in January to 103 in August!

LeftPeg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Without a change in diet or meds?

No. This was pre-diagnosis I might add (well, my doctor said I was in the diabetic range and should probably do something about it, but I didn't).

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
No. This was pre-diagnosis I might add (well, my doctor said I was in the diabetic range and should probably do something about it, but I didn't).

We live and learn.

Reactions: LeftPeg

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
My bllod came back with a huge jump from 48 to 78 hba1c and i never changed my diet. The Doc had put me on new Blood pressure tablets, which hes told me to stop now. He says occasionally BP medication can have adverse effects on blood sugars. Anyone heard this before

..... and are you on statins or steroids?

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
..... and are you on statins or steroids?

I'm not medical and perhaps someone will clarify, but neither statins or steroids affect blood pressure a great deal.
As for blood pressure pills I have no knowledge at all.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm not medical and perhaps someone will clarify, but neither statins or steroids affect blood pressure a great deal.
As for blood pressure pills I have no knowledge at all.

He was asking if his medication affects blood glucose levels, not blood pressure. Both statins and steroids affect blood glucose levels. Common knowledge.

Kamalsrana

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello there, what I have noticed is that if you take action as soon as you find out you are diabetic, you can turn back the numbers. Action means change your diet and start excercise. You need to lose weight and size off your belly. Otherwise it’s like a fire that will continue to spread if you don’t douse it. Best wishes