My new best friends

Ian_Laye

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My new burger press arrived today, tried it out this evening with 500g of cheap beef 80/20 mince from Asda with some freshly ground black pepper and sea salt, cooked on cast iron griddle. Best burgers I've ever had. I think this will be my regular Keto meal served with salad leaves. I can vary things by using pork & lamb mince. Very easy to make and cook. Adding onion or garlic powder or different spices could mean unlimited variations.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My new burger press arrived today, tried it out this evening with 500g of cheap beef 80/20 mince from Asda with some freshly ground black pepper and sea salt, cooked on cast iron griddle. Best burgers I've ever had. I think this will be my regular Keto meal served with salad leaves. I can vary things by using pork & lamb mince. Very easy to make and cook. Adding onion or garlic powder or different spices could mean unlimited variations.
Lamb burgers are great.. Have you got details of the burger press?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Ian_Laye

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for that.. we've been making square ones recently just make the mix and press it out on a baking tray and cook in the over.. then cut up and enjoy.. seems to work quite well too. But the press looks very professional!
It comes with squares of grease proof paper. You place the meat between 2 sheets then press so there is no washing up required,

rosco 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I bought an air fryer yesterday. Tried out my neighbours 2 days ago and our experiments went ok. I fried potato peelings...need to be a smidge thicker but they were nice. Ditto finely chopped kale (normally loathe this stuff) ! She did sweet potato skins and then slices of butternut squash. Diabetic hubby with massive sweet tooth said the sweet potato was too sweet. Neighbour nearly fainted as her hubby is huge fan of anything crammed with sugar and carbs.

Oh and it appears instant spud has far fewer carbs that the genuine article? Am I reading this right? Does it count as resistant starch too?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mmm
Love home made burgers.
So much nicer than even the posh gastropub ones :)

I do lamb (20% fat) and then serve with goatsmilk yog with chopped cucumber garlic and mint (tzatziki). Lush.

Reactions: Emma_369

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Lamb burgers are just Epic! On a bed of baby spinach leaves mixed with watercress and a few baby plum tomatoes and a side of your favourite cheese. Well, that's my birthday dinner sorted!

Reactions: Brunneria

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, Recipe looks very nice apart from the lean minced beef, 80/20 minced beef is best for flavour and keto.

I don't always follow recipes strictly. It's the spice mix for this one that makes it perky. It'd be fine for a fattier mince, and I like that they don't faff about with binding agents, like breadcrumbs or egg when not necessary.

D

Deleted member 308541

We used to use similar hamburger presses in the butchers shops I worked in, none of them were really successful making in them bulk.

The best tool we used was a large ice cream scoop, it was quicker to use and the size of the patty was consistent.
to hide a piece of (usually very strong) cheese in the meddle of a burger patty
Hah! Caught you meddling with foodstuffs. :D

Ian_Laye

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We used to use similar hamburger presses in the butchers shops I worked in, none of them were really successful making in them bulk.

The best tool we used was a large ice cream scoop, it was quicker to use and the size of the patty was consistent.

Hah! Caught you meddling with foodstuffs. :D
Worked fine for making four 125g burgers, close lid, gave top a thump and perfectly formed burgers produced which don't fall apart whilst cooking.

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Excellent find...this is my next kitchen gadget!

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't care what shape my chilli lamb burgers are they disappear too quickly to notice !!
Carol