Diabetes in the news

Milly11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Having seen 2 local news programs recently with diabetes as a topic, I have been left raging.
Firstly was an amputee learning to walk on a prosthetic lower leg & the man in question admitted to ignoring his diabetes, not listening to his doctor or taking his medication. Why would you do that? I understand that the nhs spend a fortune on diabetic meds but surely he's cost them more.
And this morning a young man with T1, claimed he'd had it 13 years. Has got 1 of the pumps on his arm, showed how it works with an app on his phone so he's no longer finger pricking. He done a quick demonstration, then said "oops that's not good" & laughed. His reading was 13.8, how is it that high at 6:35am? This has me so annoyed.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
does not make the rest of us that have diabetes look good and many are managing their diabetes very well, maybe they need doing a wider scope on people who have the disease

Davie boy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Having seen 2 local news programs recently with diabetes as a topic, I have been left raging.
Firstly was an amputee learning to walk on a prosthetic lower leg & the man in question admitted to ignoring his diabetes, not listening to his doctor or taking his medication. Why would you do that? I understand that the nhs spend a fortune on diabetic meds but surely he's cost them more.
And this morning a young man with T1, claimed he'd had it 13 years. Has got 1 of the pumps on his arm, showed how it works with an app on his phone so he's no longer finger pricking. He done a quick demonstration, then said "oops that's not good" & laughed. His reading was 13.8, how is it that high at 6:35am? This has me so annoyed.
I must confess my morning blood sugars are ALWAYS high, and the hospital has said my control is as good as it can get.