Reactions: Dodo

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I'm prescribed Novo but rarely use it as I don't usually eat that many carbs. It's also either quite slow or unpredictable

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yep, count me in. The company is becoming more esteemed :):):).
Novorapid has its moments or not depending on how you look at it.

K

Knikki

I still have some Rapid and Lantus in the fridge only switched a few months ago :)

jackois

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been on Novorapid and Lantus since diagnosis a few years back with no problems whatsoever.

As Jaylee says, basal seems to be the key. If you can get that right, the Novorapid does the rest a treat. I've reduced my basal by half this year, and still rarely have to use fast acting through the day. Novorapid seems to take around 3 hours to cycle through rather than the advertised 2 hours. Also the Lantus seems to run out of steam around 18 to 20 hours making the evening meal dose of Novorapid a bit higher than any daytime ratio.

I did ask for a change to Fiasp at my last review, but as my GP pointed out, the Novo and Lantus is working perfectly, so why mess around.

Reactions: bjones1927 and Dodo

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Nar, Spam, as that will survive anything including nukes ;)
Spam??????? Forgot about Spam. Are they still allowed to sell spam? H&S must have a field day with opening a tin of spam.:):):):)

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I still have some Rapid and Lantus in the fridge only switched a few months ago :)
Same here. was on Lantus and Novorapid til mid September (since about 2000 I think), now on Fiasp and Lantus

Reactions: Knikki

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I was on Novoslow and Lantus for years, now on Levemir and Fiasp which both suit me better. I think we just have to remember that one size doesn’t fit all .
@Knikki, @ therower do you remember Spam fritters? Yuk stuff. I’ve got the Monty P in my head already.
I’ve got a load of novo in the fridge too Knikki, just in case, thought it might be useful if ‘unforeseen’ circumstances happen.

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yep, I am. Got good control, never felt i needed to move off them. Although Fiasp sounds like it might help avoid spikes.

Reactions: bjones1927 and Dodo

enzina

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pain, being dependent, egoistic people & jealousy
On Lantus since 2014 and on Novorapid since April this year. :)

Circuspony

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Came off lantus in Feb this year but still on Novoslow - likes to sit in my system doing nothing until about 4pm when it decides to zap me with a hypo

Dodo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was on Novoslow and Lantus for years, now on Levemir and Fiasp which both suit me better. I think we just have to remember that one size doesn’t fit all .
@Knikki, @ therower do you remember Spam fritters? Yuk stuff. I’ve got the Monty P in my head already.
I’ve got a load of novo in the fridge too Knikki, just in case, thought it might be useful if ‘unforeseen’ circumstances happen.
I actually liked Spam fritters. Couldn't eat Spam cold straight from the tin. Wow, memories!