What is your child’s HbA1c?

Jayden2407

Hi parents,

I’ve not been on here for a while but with having good news each time we’ve seen the DN I wanted to share it!
My son, Jayden, 11 diagnosed T1 on the 8th June 2018, some ups and downs but generally coping well :)
Diagnosis was well over 133, came down to 62, 46 then it was 48 on Friday. The look on Jaydens face is just priceless to know we must be doing something right - proud mum moment,
Janelle x

Last edited:

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
A smashing result from a smashing lad with an extra smashing Mum. Great work!

Reactions: Jayden2407

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good to hear from you, @Jayden2407 . You and your young man seem to be doing incredibly well. It's good to see.

Keep fighting the good fight.

CathP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done, great result. We’ve got clinic next week with my 7 year old, dx 3 years now. Always a tense time!x

mahola

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My girl is 13 and her HbA1c is 38 and has been for 6 months now. I can't take any credit for it though as she does all the work herself. :) Well done to you and your boy x

Jayden2407

My 4 year old sons last HbA1c was 48 in September. It's actually been in the late 40's all year, which I've been very pleased about.

That’s fab! How old was your son when diagnosed?
I suppose it’s hard and a huge shock at any age isn’t it... but I’m glad my son didn’t reached his teens before his diagnosis!
Your boy is so cute (just looked at your profile pic) :)

Jayden2407

My girl is 13 and her HbA1c is 38 and has been for 6 months now. I can't take any credit for it though as she does all the work herself. :) Well done to you and your boy x

Thank you!
That’s so good! I bet you’re so proud of her :)
I hope my son takes control well when he’s older, I’m still counting all his carbs at the min but he’s only just turned 11.
How old was your daughter at diagnosis? X

mahola

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you!
That’s so good! I bet you’re so proud of her :)
I hope my son takes control well when he’s older, I’m still counting all his carbs at the min but he’s only just turned 11.
How old was your daughter at diagnosis? X

8 days before her 11th birthday. I was diagnosed 5 days before her. It was a crazy time. She's amazing though and just takes it all in her stride x

Jayden2407

8 days before her 11th birthday. I was diagnosed 5 days before her. It was a crazy time. She's amazing though and just takes it all in her stride x

Wow that’s amazing! Are you both type 1? I can imagine it was a crazy time.. do you have any other children? She’s doing so well doing everything on her own.
I have a 2 year old and I test her every now and again as I believe it’s hereditary. At least I’ll know what to look out for and to deal with it - what will be will be I suppose x

mahola

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow that’s amazing! Are you both type 1? I can imagine it was a crazy time.. do you have any other children? She’s doing so well doing everything on her own.
I have a 2 year old and I test her every now and again as I believe it’s hereditary. At least I’ll know what to look out for and to deal with it - what will be will be I suppose x
I have another daughter who is almost 16. I was 31 when diagnosed so we can't say she'll never be diabetic but we'll keep our fingers crossed! Yes, both type 1 x