Hi First Post And Updated Hba1c Results

jacko1970s

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes doc still said cholesterol is high but I then pointed out the ratios have improved again and he then said the weightloss is the key he said people don’t believe him when he tells them

Reactions: Bluetit1802

jacko1970s

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations on your superb HbA1c result. That is a wonderful achievement. :) (stopping the statins will have helped with this) And a brilliant weight loss.

Your HDL and trigs are all going in the right direction, so well done :)

Sorry forgot to say thank you

jacko1970s

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cheers any reason why total keeps going up or does it not matter as long as HDL also goes up and trigs good

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Cheers any reason why total keeps going up or does it not matter as long as HDL also goes up and trigs good

The total is calculated as follows:
HDL + LDL + 46% of trigs.

So if the HDL goes up, for example, the total will go up.

Reactions: jacko1970s

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
From what I have read your LDL may well be higher whilst you are losing weight so until that stops most of the numbers are in flux anyway. So long as the important ratios, by which I mean Trig/HDL, are going down then you should be ok. This is all a bit cutting edge at the moment though so it could possibly change in future but so far I'm not concerned myself.
Check out Dave Feldman and Ivor Cummins who are leading the charge on advancing cholesterol knowledge at the moment.

jacko1970s

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
From what I have read your LDL may well be higher whilst you are losing weight so until that stops most of the numbers are in flux anyway. So long as the important ratios, by which I mean Trig/HDL, are going down then you should be ok. This is all a bit cutting edge at the moment though so it could possibly change in future but so far I'm not concerned myself.
Check out Dave Feldman and Ivor Cummins who are leading the charge on advancing cholesterol knowledge at the moment.
yes listen to the Ivor Cummins interview about cholesterol that was post by someone on here very interesting indeed

Last edited:

jacko1970s

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
December 5th 2018 So my fourth blood test since told diabetic type 2
My weight 83kg 12st 10

Hba1c 31

Cholesterol fasting

Total 6.8

LDL. 4.3

Hdl. 2.0

Trigs. 1.0

jacko1970s

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
December 5th 2018 So my fourth blood test since told diabetic type 2
My weight 83kg 12st 10 no meds

Hba1c 31

Cholesterol fasting

Total 6.8

LDL. 4.3

Hdl. 2.0

Trigs. 1.0

This is quite encouraging as a went on an all inclusive 16 night holiday the month before was quite good apart from drink but stuck with gin and done quite a bit of exercise

Reactions: paulmh

jacko1970s

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So to date all results with update for latest
Hi so had my 3rd hba1c
March 15th diagnosed hba1c of 95 weight 102.8 16st 2
HBA1C 95
Cholesterol
Total 7.5
HDL 1.0
Non HDL 6.5
Trigs 7.5 no ldl due to this reading

June 18th 87kg 13st 7
Hba1c 44
Cholesterol
Total 7.7
Ldl 5.7
HDL 1.3
Trigs 1.5
Stopped taking statins and metformin

August’s 18th 3stone weight loss to here now 82kg 12st 8
Hba1c 33
Cholesterol fasting
Total 8.2
Ldl 5.9
HDL 1.8
Trigs 1.1

December 5th 2018
Steady weight 83kg 12st 10
Hba1c 31
Cholesterol fasting
Total 6.8
LDL. 4.3
Hdl. 2.0
Trigs. 1.0

Last edited:

Tamanna

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi so had my 3rd hba1c
March 15th diagnosed hba1c of 95 weight 102.8 16st 2
Cholesterol
Total 7.5
HDL 1.0
Non HDL 6.5
Trigs 7.5 no ldl due to this reading

June 18th 87kg 13st 7
Hba1c 44
Cholesterol
Total 7.7
Ldl 5.7
HDL 1.3
Trigs 1.5
Stopped taking statins and metformin

August’s 18th 3stone weight loss to here now 82kg 12st 8
Hba1c 33
Cholesterol fasting
Total 8.2
Ldl 5.9
HDL 1.8
Trigs 1.1
Wowwwww you have been a motivation for me. Right now i am standing at a place where u were in march woth your first test results. With results same weight... but am a bit depress as am still in denial phase. If you dont mind can u share your diet plan plz ? Maybe it will help me out.

jacko1970s

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wowwwww you have been a motivation for me. Right now i am standing at a place where u were in march woth your first test results. With results same weight... but am a bit depress as am still in denial phase. If you dont mind can u share your diet plan plz ? Maybe it will help me out.

Hi thanks I was clueless at start so was hungry(well starving) quite a bit as didn’t eat much then started using carb manager app to track my carbs intake, stopped eating bread,rice,pasta,cereal and any potato sorry also no sweet stuff at all. Started eating low carb and the weight started to come off easy I could message you with screen shot of what I ate for first few weeks if you like.i stopped using the app the end of April as I now knew what I can and can’t eat. Buying a meter and testing was also a massive help as is this forum .To me the key is to lose weight (if you have weight to lose) and don’t go back to eating as you were before I can have chips and even chocolate now but it is a treat not part of my diet. I also exercise almost every day just do stair runs in my house takes about 15 mins but get my heart rate up.anything else you need to know ask away
Ps Also updated my results above with the March diagnosis Hba1c result

Last edited:

Tamanna

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi thanks I was clueless at start so was hungry(well starving) quite a bit as didn’t eat much then started using carb manager app to track my carbs intake, stopped eating bread,rice,pasta,cereal and any potato sorry also no sweet stuff at all. Started eating low carb and the weight started to come off easy I could message you with screen shot of what I ate for first few weeks if you like.i stopped using the app the end of April as I now knew what I can and can’t eat. Buying a meter and testing was also a massive help as is this forum .To me the key is to lose weight (if you have weight to lose) and don’t go back to eating as you were before I can have chips and even chocolate now but it is a treat not part of my diet. I also exercise almost every day just do stair runs in my house takes about 15 mins but get my heart rate up.anything else you need to know ask away
Ps Also updated my results above with the March diagnosis Hba1c result

If u dont mind can u plz shhare what things u eat in breakfaat lunch and dinner. I started loosing weight in nov i was 96kg now i am 89kg but am in 1200calorie diet plan. Am facing alot of difficulty in finding what i need to eat and which foods are low in carb. I have meter and i do monitor my sugar when i do random test its always normal loke 80mg/dl but when i do before breakfast its always above 100 like 102 or 104. My HBA1C is 6.8%. Today is my first appointment to dr so scard how this journey will go with me.

If you dont mind can u plz help me out in regards to diet plan ?

jacko1970s

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I also fast (a few months after diagnosis)a bit only 16 to 22hours like one meal a day so will have dinner a 3pm. Then have nothing till 3pm the next day do this few times a week but you got to mix it up like two or three meals a day on some days to keep your body guessing

Ps I don’t and never have counted calories just carbs

jacko1970s

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I lot of people on here really have varied food plan but mine is quite small now I eat a lot of meats ,cheese ,eggs ,pork scratching ,celeriac vegetables and salads for desert I have whipped double cream with oppo icecream ,strawberry,10cal hartleys jelly

So I recommend diet doctor to recipes and there is a page on here where people put what they eat to give you a good idea but remember we are all different and our bodies act different to others with certain foods so eat to your meter that will tell you how your body is coping with a certain food.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If u dont mind can u plz shhare what things u eat in breakfaat lunch and dinner. I started loosing weight in nov i was 96kg now i am 89kg but am in 1200calorie diet plan. Am facing alot of difficulty in finding what i need to eat and which foods are low in carb. I have meter and i do monitor my sugar when i do random test its always normal loke 80mg/dl but when i do before breakfast its always above 100 like 102 or 104. My HBA1C is 6.8%. Today is my first appointment to dr so scard how this journey will go with me.

www.dietdoctor.com has loads of meal ideas and recipes..

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bulkbiker do you experiment with higher carb foods or just stay away
These days I'm mainly carnivore so stay away from carbs completely.
I do sometimes have some 90% Lindt choc and rarely some Oppo ice cream with extra cream and raspberries.
For the most part though its just meat, fish, cheese, eggs, double cream and lactofree milk.
If we have a takeaway curry I might get the lamb mince and spinach dish that my local does just for a bit of wetness along with my chicken tikka.
I have found it quite liberating to not have to worry about shopping or food waste.. also meal prep is so much quicker without having to peel veg!

jacko1970s

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

If I’m right 80mg will be 4.4 mmol (Uk reading)and 100mg is only 5.5mmol which is fine your liver usually dumps some glucose into your blood to help your body start the day I believe it’s called the dawn phenomenon but 5.5 is within non diabetic range anyway if my conversion is right
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawn_phenomenon

By the way what sorts are you eating at the moment and what are you blood readings before food and two hours after first bite.