Hello T2 for 13 Years

magicmoose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello! I have been a lurker on the boards for a while and finally decided to join up. T2 since 2005, been on varying oral meds, GLP-1's, Insulin and I started Dapagliflozin 3 days ago - my second attempt at giving it a go, so far I'm coping with the endless trips to the loo!

Now I'm just on Dapagliflozin and Metformin.

I was at one point 165kg and got down to 122kg with diet and exercise but have constantly high BS, even when low carb.

Insulin made me put on weight and eat - not good when your an emotional eater to start with! Gained 6kg back recently and need to lose this and more. Food wise has been pretty bad recently, I don't need to use Christmas as an excuse but new year new start etc.

I'm using the Dapagliflozin and Metformin to try get BS into single figures over the coming month. I'm following low carb / high fat and trying to learn more about the Keto diet.

I don't understand the carb counting thing, need to do some reading. I've never really been given support on diet, although did see a dietician for a while in a weight management clinic. I was seeking WLS but my HbA1c was too high for surgery to take place. Dietician's usual advice was carbs and low sugar... Which I chose to ignore and ate more fat... Hence the weight loss!

So, hello again, hope to maybe make some new friends along the way. Last HbA1c was 120 in October. This has to be my last chance at correcting this with oral meds and diet, I can't deal with insulin again and mood wise my weight is getting me down more and more.