Type 1 Forgot to take my lantus!!

Saeeda

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lady night somehow I was so silly I forgot to take my lantus injection. I only realised when I tested in the morning and my numbers were so high! What should I do? And does missing a dose make you feel drowsy?

K

Knikki

Lady night somehow I was so silly I forgot to take my lantus injection. I only realised when I tested in the morning and my numbers were so high! What should I do? And does missing a dose make you feel drowsy?

If it was me I would just inject my Lantus then monitor and apply correction doses to get me back down to normal numbers, but that is just me.

But yes if you are running high numbers then you may well feel drowsy.

Hope you sort soon.

Saeeda

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Knikki I think I'm a little scared to take my lantus now. After writing my post I've been thinking and I've decided il take it tonight my normal time. Ur right that everyone is different. And you said that may be making me feel drowsy - phew that made me feel better!

D

Deleted Account

You are not the first to do this and will not be the last.

If it was me and I realised during the day, I would leave the Lantus until the usual time.
Until then, I would test and correct at least every two hours (but be aware of bolus stacking when you calculate your correction dose).

It is likely your high BG will make you feel drowsy so if you can correct, you may start feeling a little more alert ... and less likely to forget your Lantus tonight.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
As has been said already, your not the 1st and defo wont be the last.....
If it was me and I found out around lunchtime I would probably wait until my usual time BUT you need to be testing a lot and doing a lot of corrections I would have thought. Good luck