Miao Miao issue

Connie’s Dad

Setting up and gets stuck at this point
IMG_4557.jpg

Phone sees the Miao Miao when Bluetooth scanned, but not seeming to connect.

Any ideas?

eventhorizon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi.
In the drop down menu on the top left check system status. Make sure it says 'connected'.
Sometimes a phone restart helps.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
What phone are you using? On iPhone (using Spike) it automatically picks it up - there’s no need to go through the Bluetooth connection process in settings.

K

Knikki

Ok first question.

Is blue tooth switch on th phone?
Does the phone see the MiaoMiao and is it pared?
When you open the blue tooth menu in xDrip can you see the MiaoMiao?

Daft questions I know but sometimes they do help

Sometimes it does take a fair while to sort it's self out, sometimes just swiping out the app also works.

Reactions: Jollymon

Suzysbm

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Anyone wait weeks for Miao to arrive, been sent three different tracking numbers now and nothing works with royal mail which is apparently the carrier for it. They aren't even responding to email now, ordered 21st December and we have had Christmas and the new year. Anyone out there give me their experiences with delivery?

eventhorizon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think mine took about 10 days to arrive. The tracking information I received didn't make much sense.

Cobia

Type of diabetes
LADA
Setting up and gets stuck at this point

Phone sees the Miao Miao when Bluetooth scanned, but not seeming to connect.

Any ideas?
Have you tried resetting the miomio?

My s7 has been doing this currently trying non samsung firmware.... if right then another phone may give a different result. Im just not sure im right ..... need more time.

newcamili

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I ordered first of January and tracking number not active till now....But I found info in miaomiao web page, that shipping time differs from 10-45 days for different countries..so I think we have wait..

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Got it working eventually. But think my MiaoMiao is faulty. It only seems to run for a day or so before it needs reset.

I'd been using blucon for a while before changing to mm 3 weeks ago. First 2 weeks were fine, then when I changed sensor, it was really sketchy, dropping out every 30 mins or so for a couple of days.

I remembered reading a thread between the xdrip and mm developers and they were talking about the "air gap".

It seems that if there is a gap of more than literally a millimetre or two between the mm and the sensor, the nfc is so weak, it won't read properly.

I had a look at it on my arm, and it had slipped down a bit.

Reattached, and made sure it was jammed right up against the sensor, and it was fine after that.

The error logs don't go back that far on mine, so I can't show you an example, but it's maybe worthwhile having a look at your error logs (right hand side, three vertical dots, View Event Logs, tick Mid).

In the pic below, see the line which says, "We have all the data that we need 363 checksum_ok = true"? If yours is saying "false" at each 5 min read, it might be that the mm is just not pushed up tight enough against the sensor. There was some other error text with it, I can't remember now exactly what it was, something along the lines of "Sensor Not Found". If you're seeing that sort of thing, I reckon it's maybe because it's just a millimetre or two too far away from the sensor.

If it's not that, then, hmm, sorry, don't know.

Screenshot_2019-01-13-17-37-19.png

Reactions: Knikki

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Have you tried resetting the miomio?

My s7 has been doing this currently trying non samsung firmware.... if right then another phone may give a different result. Im just not sure im right ..... need more time.

The xDrip+ people say that Samsung has a really weird bluetooth setup. They've had to script a lot of workarounds to try to solve it. It's not just with xdrip either. A bit of googling brings up a lot of stuff about how samsung just does frustrating things in any sort of bluetooth situation.

Mines is running fine on a £109 LG K8 2017.

Last edited:

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Anyone wait weeks for Miao to arrive, been sent three different tracking numbers now and nothing works with royal mail which is apparently the carrier for it. They aren't even responding to email now, ordered 21st December and we have had Christmas and the new year. Anyone out there give me their experiences with delivery?

I ordered mine a few months back and it arrived after about 2 weeks.

The track and trace won't work on the Royal Mail website because they're using couriers, not RM.

If I recall correctly, I got an e-mail confirming the order, and that had a link in it which took me to a page which showed where it was in the world, so maybe have a look for your order confirmation e-mail.

Suzysbm

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thank you, they said royal mail but they have sent me three different track numbers, it came into uk through china post 17. That said it left Chile, yes Chile and was on its way to royal mail. Guess I must be a bit patient. Thanks for your response.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thank you, they said royal mail but they have sent me three different track numbers, it came into uk through china post 17. That said it left Chile, yes Chile and was on its way to royal mail. Guess I must be a bit patient. Thanks for your response.

Chile!! It's not the most obvious route, but who knows the ins and outs of international shipping?

Mind you, when it arrives, you can tell people it's crossed the Pacific and the Atlantic to get to ya!

MM's facebook/twitter pages have got a fair few posts from folks complaining about delivery delays. The same sort of thing happened with Ambrosia Systems, the folks who make the earlier libre transmitter, blucon.

I suppose the problem is that these are very small companies so it can be very easy for them to get swamped by demand once the product catches attention.

Anyway, here's hoping your's arrives soon, been using mine for about 3 weeks now, it's been pretty solid.

Suzysbm

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanks for the heads up, I'm really interested to see how it helps. The libre has been amazing and this should really tighten things up.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanks for the heads up, I'm really interested to see how it helps. The libre has been amazing and this should really tighten things up.

Yeah, it helps a lot. Libre is good on its own but if you're running it to xDrip+ on android or Spike on Iphone through blucon or miaomiao, the more detailed graphs, predictive simulations, alerts etc really take it to a new level.

My a1c was about 50 when I started libre 2 yrs ago, got blucon about 18 months ago, a1c has dropped to 42, 39, 36, then to 28.

That sounds ridiculously low, but I've honestly just had a grand total of 2 mild cold sweat hypos and 1 neuroglycopenic "fuzzy" hypo in 2 yrs now.

The thing which makes a big difference in lowering a1c is setting hyper alarms, so that instead of spending hours sleeping through a 10 to 15 range, you get woken up at, say, 7.8 or whatever you set it at, so you can then make a judgment call on whether 1 or 2 u would be a good idea to stop it edging up towards above 10.

Injecting 2u without food at 2am to bring down a trend towards 10 sounds crazy, but you can set up any number of hypo alerts to pick you up if you drop to 5 or 6 or whatever.

There's a couple of good books on kindle which helped me a lot with how to use cgm properly:

Sugar Surfing, Stephen Ponder

Beyond Fingersticks, William Lee Dubois

The Dubois one is 10 yrs old, so a bit out of date, but it's still got lots of good basic cgm principles in it.

Good luck!

Suzysbm

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Wow, that's exactly my plan, I have other autoimmune diseases so on steroids and thyroid meds which all impact, managing to stay in target 90+% most if the time but only by eating really low carb 20 to 30gcho per day. I've got a to watch to run the alarms through, so grateful for your help, I think if I got an A1C of 28 my consultant would faint