Treatment of hypoglycemia in ketosis

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Thank you for your input Dave but

1. No type 1 needs to be reminded of the need to treat hypoglycemia as a priority. Particularly one who has had type 1 for 36 years and had two pregnancies.

2. It is patronising to ‘remind’ any diabetic of the dangers of hypoglycemia.
There may be less experienced type ones reading this thread that _do_ need “reminding”. When I was diagnosed way back when, I was told it was more dangerous to run high than low.

While you asked the original question, it’s a public forum, and it’s worth being mindful of other people reading it. Dave’s reply wasn’t patronising, there’s no need to be so snippy.

nikolakiss

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I am type1 too , when you are in ketosis you must go really low so to feel the hypoglycemia symptoms... But when so ,i find it helpfull to have an electrolytes drink like hi5 zero... I can't tell if it is placebo ,but give it a try... I also have and used successfully some keto energy gels ,they have about 10gramm of carbs and i used them at intense exercise... Last but not least ,drink mct

StewartH

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Mel, it’s trial and error and lots of testing then! Thank you
Yes. Mel is right. Address the hypo with glucotabs ASAP. Tabs are good as I just take 3x4g CHO and find that usually gets me back in target pretty quickly and avoids going high after. I have not noticed dropping out of ketosis.