typeonegrit Facebook group - what do I have to do?

Colin of Kent

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've requested to join three times, each time giving appropriate answers to the questions, but my requests are never approved. It's been several weeks since my last attempt. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I've requested to join three times, each time giving appropriate answers to the questions, but my requests are never approved. It's been several weeks since my last attempt. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Hi Colin, I really don't know, maybe a tech problem their end, but hopefully someone will be along to help you out, good luck ?

StewartH

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's the key. They ask questions to see if you are following a keto diet lifestyle. If you convince them, you get accepted.

limmi

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Msg the admins and ask them. Thats what i did. Don't really know why they are so particular, feels a bit offensive to be honest.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Message RD Dikeman, Colin. He’ll ask you a few questions and have a little chat about your management and understanding of this system before letting you in. Yes, @limmi - they are particular, but for a very good reason, mainly US related. There are parents in the group who have had Child Protective Services involved and the threat of children taken away because they refuse to follow the prescribed ADA high carb diet. Some have been ordered by the courts to feed their children a certain amount of carbohydrate at each meal (logged on their pump) - often when parents are separated and there are disagreements about the child's diabetes management. There’s some real horror stories - and there’s been instances of the estranged parent, or “spy” trying to access the group.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Message RD Dikeman, Colin. He’ll ask you a few questions and have a little chat about your management and understanding of this system before letting you in. Yes, @limmi - they are particular, but for a very good reason, mainly US related. There are parents in the group who have had Child Protective Services involved and the threat of children taken away because they refuse to follow the prescribed ADA high carb diet. Some have been ordered by the courts to feed their children a certain amount of carbohydrate at each meal (logged on their pump) - often when parents are separated and there are disagreements about the child's diabetes management. There’s some real horror stories - and there’s been instances of the estranged parent, or “spy” trying to access the group.
The ADA guidelines for hi carb for kids appear to be being used like a mandatory treatment order (usually reserved for patients with mental health problems) for a captive audience (children) by some US physicians. presumably of the paediatric variety. Just who really are the abusers. ?? Wake up America !!
The poor kids all need stickers saying ": "I 'm with Dr Bernstein'. Mind you with ADA softening their position on low carb and hopefully if more dieticians will make a stand things might change. What do most doctors know about nutrition anyways??

Edited by mod to remove a v sweeping generalisation

Last edited by a moderator:

Colin of Kent

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Wow. I had no idea about that, but now it makes total sense. Glad I don't live in the US!

Reactions: LooperCat