Evening Meal

Type-2-Havent-A-Clue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just had a cheese and tomato omelet with sausage and bacon.

I spent a little time looking around Aldi today. I used @bulkbiker ‘s threshold criteria of 10 g of carbs per 100 g as I searched through the merchandise. Some fell a long way to the wrong side of that figure but did end up buying peanut butter at 11g per 100 and pistachio nuts also at 11g per hundred.

I have only been at it a few days and already my wedding ring is slipping of my finger. :D

Well done mate! Keep at it!

Type-2-Havent-A-Clue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks. The secret seems to be to find stuff that fits the diet that you enjoy. It’s tough I know but I have been surprised what there is to choose from. There has been a lot of good suggestions from this crowd.

Yes. There’s definitely some knowledgeable people on here. Certainly steered me in the right direction!

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 31009

Presentation needs a bit of work but all in all not bad I think!
prompted by your foto ..down to tesco ..similar manchego cheese..stilton ..pickeled onions (2.8 carbs per 100 grams) and probaly a half bottle of malbec mendoza...... as the guy on the fast show said.... nice!......

no chicken leg though ..

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I think that plate of food is a winner.
My ring I wear on left hand fell off and I could not find it anywhere then I found it in the fridge 2 weeks later and I thought cool. :cool:

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
I just had a cheese and tomato omelet with sausage and bacon.

Followed by full fat Greek yoghurt with mixed berry coulli.

I spent a little time looking around Aldi today. I used @bulkbiker ‘s threshold criteria of 10 g of carbs per 100 g as I searched through the merchandise. Some fell a long way to the wrong side of that figure but did end up buying peanut butter at 11g per 100 and pistachio nuts also at 11g per hundred.

I have only been at it a few days and already my wedding ring is slipping off my finger. :D

Agree completely with. @bulkbiker eating more meat and less veg all the time.

barbra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
As far as low carb is concerned I can't fault it, but if that is all for you I would be concerned about the number of calories which must be well over 1,000. I realise it may be a bit controversial on here but I like to have more "balanced" meals with more (low carb) vegetables to provide bulk as well as variety.
I think thats perfect

Sent from my SM-A520F using Diabetes Forum mobile app