Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Good evening everyone

Tomorrow I will re-analyze cholesterol
But I read in some websites like BBC that fasting didn't important because there no deference in results.
What should I do?
And what kind of tests important. Total cholesterol or LDL or HDL.
I need some help

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
For a full lipid panel you would be wise to fast for 12 to 14 hours drinking water, black tea or black coffee only.
This is because triglycerides can rise/fall with everything we eat.
Pay attention to all results but in particular the triglyceride to HDL ratio as this is a good marker for T2 Diabetes management. Good Luck.

Reactions: HICHAM_T2

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
For a full lipid panel you would be wise to fast for 12 to 14 hours drinking water, black tea or black coffee only.
This is because triglycerides can rise/fall with everything we eat.
Pay attention to all results but in particular the triglyceride to HDL ratio as this is a good marker for T2 Diabetes management. Good Luck.
I just will doing HDL and LDL or total I don't know who is better
Is fasting important for LDL or LDL without TG ?
anyway thank you my friend

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
This is just my opinion but I would not spend money on just LDL and HDL. These tests alone tell you very little. If you decide to go ahead I would still advise that you fast for 12 hours beforehand.

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
This is just my opinion but I would not spend money on just LDL and HDL. These tests alone tell you very little. If you decide to go ahead I would still advise that you fast for 12 hours beforehand.
hi
already done today tests but I just re-analyze cholesterol total I found it very expensive
I will doing panel LDL HDL TG whene its a bad result again I'll do the cholestrol in detail
.Note. in last week I did TG and Total
Trig was at control result 0.9935 mmol/l

Reactions: Guzzler

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
I have just received Email my result about total cholesterol it's down to 5.82mmol/l. Last week 29.01.2019 it's was 6.9
I don't know what is this

D

Deleted member 308541

Good evening everyone

But I read in some websites like BBC that fasting didn't important because there no deference in results.
What should I do?
I need some help
When I get cholesterol tests which includes all the lipid panel done at the pathology shop , I fast for twelve hours before hand.

I would not take medical advice from a tv / radio station as gospel.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just received Email my result about total cholesterol it's down to 5.82mmol/l. Last week 29.01.2019 it's was 6.9
I don't know what is this

The total is completely irrelevant. You need to know which of the component parts have come down. Only trigs and HDL are important, but if the HDL has come down that is not so good.

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
The total is completely irrelevant. You need to know which of the component parts have come down. Only trigs and HDL are important, but if the HDL has come down that is not so good.
Hi
In fact I should doing HDL because I have Did trigs last week it's was 0.9 mmol/l I think this good but I have important question. About one and half month I have drinks about 120ml Oliver oil daily I don't know this can raise my HDL so can raise my cholesterol total because I have read that HDL can raise to 2.5 mmol/l

Last edited:

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I am unsure if a trig count taken one week and an HDL count taken the following week will give a good result.
Everything on both days would have had to be exactly the same (food consumed, excercise, fasting times, the state of the immune system and stress levels etc) and as we all know our bodys do not run in this fashion.

Michael Moseley once set up a very small experiment on how different fats affect cholesterol levels (not scientific at all and small number of subjects) and his conclusion was that olive oil 'aided' cholesterol levels.
The reason I feel that it was not scientific was that there were too many variables e.g one group of the three tested was asked to take butter but it was not stated how they should have their butter i.e on bread?

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
I would just do a full lipid panel, you'll get all the info you need. You can put the numbers into a cholesterol ratio calculator and get the answers you seek. Pretty easy I think.

No, some drink you had 6 weeks ago is irrelevant.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree that you need the full panel from the same blood draw to see the best picture. Our cholesterol and lipids change all the time, just like our blood glucose and blood pressure do. You can have 2 tests on the same day and see very different results. Our livers make most of our cholesterol and lipids as and when we need them, and the rate at which the liver does this changes constantly.

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
I am unsure if a trig count taken one week and an HDL count taken the following week will give a good result.
Everything on both days would have had to be exactly the same (food consumed, excercise, fasting times, the state of the immune system and stress levels etc) and as we all know our bodys do not run in this fashion.

Michael Moseley once set up a very small experiment on how different fats affect cholesterol levels (not scientific at all and small number of subjects) and his conclusion was that olive oil 'aided' cholesterol levels.
The reason I feel that it was not scientific was that there were too many variables e.g one group of the three tested was asked to take butter but it was not stated how they should have their butter i.e on bread?
daily I drinks olive oil
my question
can high HDL also showning total high

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
I agree that you need the full panel from the same blood draw to see the best picture. Our cholesterol and lipids change all the time, just like our blood glucose and blood pressure do. You can have 2 tests on the same day and see very different results. Our livers make most of our cholesterol and lipids as and when we need them, and the rate at which the liver does this changes constantly.
I will Ask my doctor full panel
note I am not fatten when i get cholestrol

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
daily I drinks olive oil
my question
can high HDL also showning total high

Yes.. The total cholesterol is the total of LDL, HDL and a percentage of the triglycerides. The higher any of these are, the higher the total will be. In UK measurements, the percentage of triglycerides included in the total is 46%. (It is not the same in your measurement units.)

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Yes.. The total cholesterol is the total of LDL, HDL and a percentage of the triglycerides. The higher any of these are, the higher the total will be. In UK measurements, the percentage of triglycerides included in the total is 46%. (It is not the same in your measurement units.)
i have read that some people can get high HDL when they eat some kind of salmon oil up to 100mg/dl 2.5 mmol/l

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
i have read that some people can get high HDL when they eat some kind of salmon oil up to 100mg/dl 2.5 mmol/l

Salmon is very good for cholesterol, as is other oily fish. Carbohydrate is bad for HDL.

Thomas the Tank

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening everyone

What should I do?
I need some help
The answer is none of the above. To paraphrase Trump 'It's Fake News' Unless you have Familial hypercholesterolemia and I recon you would know by now, do not buy into this pseudo science designed to make Big Pharma rich.