Unsolicited messages

Robmoney

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is anyone else getting unsolicited messages saying buy this and it will cure reverse t1 t2 have blocked them but getting hacked off with it

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Is anyone else getting unsolicited messages saying buy this and it will cure reverse t1 t2 have blocked them but getting hacked off with it
I think you should report them to an admin. Such people have no place on this forum, and no, I never received such spam in here.

Reactions: Prem51

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi,

If you are receiving these via PM? Please report any member sending them.. There is a "report" button under any PM message, which will alert moderators.
DCUK does not condone these actions of spam by any user.

Reactions: porl69 and Prem51

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry you're getting this - I've been here 10 years and never had anything like this - its not normal for this forum I'm sure the mods will sort it :)

D

Deleted member 308541

To stop getting PM's that are spam or just plain $#@% do this in your profiles preference section. Choose "People You Follow Only" from the list.

Make sure you save the changes for it to take effect.

h9S9MsR.jpg

Edit: I forgot to say this will only stop forum related messages, not any malware related messages.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
To stop getting PM's that are spam or just plain $#@% do this in your profiles preference section. Choose "People You Follow Only" from the list.

Make sure you save the changes for it to take effect.

h9S9MsR.jpg

Edit: I forgot to say this will only stop forum related messages, not any malware related messages.
That is fine to stop messages to one’s own account.

However, as @Jaylee has already mentioned, unless the spam type PMs are reported moderators won’t know of them, so will be unable to stop others receiving them.

Please report if you get spam messages.

D

Deleted member 308541

That is fine to stop messages to one’s own account.

However, as @Jaylee has already mentioned, unless the spam type PMs are reported moderators won’t know of them, so will be unable to stop others receiving them.

Please report if you get spam messages.
I do not get PM's spam or otherwise because I have them blocked as per the graphic.

I also use uBlock Origin for the Chrome browser which blocks all adverts, as there is a good of getting a rogue malware packet served up especially from the home page of this website.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @Tipetoo, for the clarification.

To clarify my meaning in previous post, I want to make sure that if any member is receiving spam messages, moderators do need to know, so that we are able to eliminate the risks for others. We can only act on issues we know about.

D

Deleted member 308541

Now that's not entirely true. Moderators,can transgress any user settings regarding PMs.. If the need should allow. ;)
How remiss of me to forget to mention that, must remember to post a "naughty" word again mate to check if it's working ok still. :D

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Are these unsolicited messages to your account on here, or elsewhere? If they are here, please either include me in such messages, by adding a recipient, oy use the Private Messaging service to let me or any other Mod have the names of the sender or senders and it will be dealt with appropriately.

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
I do not get PM's spam or otherwise because I have them blocked as per the graphic.
I don't get spam either, but do the get occasional legit PMs from other members who're not following me, and let's face it, the people not following me are the majority ;) I wouldn't like disabling that feature as I'm open to striking up friendly and suitable conversations here or at the bus stop.
I do have a selection of ad blockers installed, but I doubt that would make a difference to PM spam.

Reactions: lovinglife
D

Deleted member 308541

I do have a selection of ad blockers installed, but I doubt that would make a difference to PM spam.
It will not make a difference at all, setting your profile up the way I said in post #5 is the only way to stop it.

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
It will not make a difference at all, setting your profile up the way I said in post #5 is the only way to stop it.
True. Well, I've never had any upsetting PMs, and it doesn't look as if it's a general problem.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I've only had one unsolicited spam message which claimed to be from a young lady (?) expressing interest in having a relationship with me! :).
I think it was one of those fraudsters looking to get money out of me. I did report it and I think that account was deleted.

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
I did report it and I think that account was deleted.
How could you do that to a young innocent lady who was just looking for looove :D