Exercise

M

Member496333

For burning off glucose and improving insulin sensitivity, I would say lifting weights. For general wellness, lots of outdoor walking.

D

Deleted Account

The best exercise is something you enjoy and are likely to continue.
If you don't like it, you won't do it.

Some are motivated by competition, some by companionship, some by weight loss (or gain), some by mental relaxation, some by body image, ... consider what will motivate you to continue when choosing what to do. And remember, you don't have to restrict yourself to one exercise - I walk, run, cycle, spin, climb and lift weights plus try out a few other things when they take my fancy: I did some flying trapeze last year.

Edited to add: some exercise will raise your BG during the exercise but most will reduce it overall. Typical exercise which raises BG is resistance training (such as weight training) and exercise for short periods such as interval training. But we are all different so try a few things out and see what impact that have for you ... and whether you enjoy it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lindijanice

leeweeks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
White sauces mayo saldcream coldslaw all rank ;and has no place on planet earth. Same goes for Robbie Williams "if toothache was a noise that would be it"
Swimming is good it has good affects on my sugar readings . I like it because it is low impact i go if I,am carrying an injury . Like anything else it need to be done regularly build yourself up and try and swim further everything you go.

Hotpepper20000

The best exercise is something you enjoy and are likely to continue.
If you don't like it, you won't do it
I couldn’t agree more.
If you don’t enjoy it it won’t last long.
I walk and cycle in the summer and swim and walk as much as I can as it can be a long cold winter here.
If your looking to loose weight then what you eat had more influence then exercise.
However, exercise can help make you more insulin sensitive and for me it does help my over all mood.

Reactions: lindijanice