Is there any food i can eat without any problems ?

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
please sir can you explain more . what do you mean ?

If you aren't producing enough insulin to cope with fat and small amounts of protein then you may be T1, or at least your pancreas may have so little function that you need more medication up to and including insulin.

It would be sensible to get tested for insulin resistance and insulin production, and consider further tests if you are drastically under producing insulin.

I do note that you say that beef can raise your BG "after 8 hours". That doesn't, to me, seem an accurate conclusion. You are just as likely to be having a liver dump.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you aren't producing enough insulin to cope with fat and small amounts of protein then you may be T1, or at least your pancreas may have so little function that you need more medication up to and including insulin.

It would be sensible to get tested for insulin resistance and insulin production, and consider further tests if you are drastically under producing insulin.

I do note that you say that beef can raise your BG "after 8 hours". That doesn't, to me, seem an accurate conclusion. You are just as likely to be having a liver dump.
Agree on both fronts..

M

Member496333

It could also just be that not everyone has the same tolerance to protein at any particular stage of their diabetes journey. There’s plenty of anecdotal evidence and lots of literature to support the idea that some people have a greater glucose response to protein than others. Much of the opinion coming from very well respected experts in the field. And of course there are other experts who dispute it, which is also fine. Personally I find it amusing that there are so many “protein deniers” out there who for one reason or another will flatly refute the possibility that other people may be affected differently than themselves, even when these other people tell them.

We are all generally aware that everyone is slightly different with our handling of foods, but when it comes to the subject of protein there is definitely a subset of people in this circle who will stubbornly assert that, just because they can, literally everyone on Earth can live on steak all day long without ever seeing a rise in glucose. Usually it’s the carnivore folks (I have nothing against carnivore).

Not sure why everything has to be so binary just as soon as someone dares to dishonour a pork chop.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Maybe I'm wrong, but the OP seems to be saying that they experience a massive spike (i.e. way above 7.8 mmol/L) 8 hours after eating some beef and, therefore, they can't safely eat beef. I'm sceptical that this is the case.

If it is true that everything the OP eats, including beef, raises their blood glucose to unacceptable levels, then the question I'd like to know is what the OP has been eating to achieve a drop in A1C from 120 to 48?

Last edited:
M

Member496333

Yeah seems a bit weird on the face of it, but we don’t know the overall levels of protein and carbs being consumed or the level of insulin resistance that’s trying to deal with it. Diabetes management isn’t as simple as what happens from one meal to the next. It’s all multifactorial and also cumulative. Sometimes things appear bizarre or unreasonable until we later understand them.

That’s my experience anyway :)