Food

Bridie9408

I have been diabetic for over 30 years and have always struggled to find a variety of food that I love to eat. Maybe the reason for this is I don't like salads or vegetables or spicy food . I apologise for this topic probably as been talked about before but just wondering is any other type 1diabetic like me.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been diabetic for over 30 years and have always struggled to find a variety of food that I love to eat. Maybe the reason for this is I don't like salads or vegetables or spicy food . I apologise for this topic probably as been talked about before but just wondering is any other type 1diabetic like me.

Hi Birdie - as I understand it, as a T1, provided you can count the carbs in your meals, in order to make your insulin adjustments, you can make a very wide choice of foods you eat, in order to take your preferences into account.

Is there anything special you have issues with, or it it that's you feel you should be eating things you'd prefer not to?

Please don't take my comments as any criticism, I'm just trying to properly understand where you might really want support.

Bridie9408

Hi Birdie - as I understand it, as a T1, provided you can count the carbs in your meals, in order to make your insulin adjustments, you can make a very wide choice of foods you eat, in order to take your preferences into account.

Is there anything special you have issues with, or it it that's you feel you should be eating things you'd prefer not to?

Please don't take my comments as any criticism, I'm just trying to properly understand where you might really want support.
I feel things that I should be eating I don't like. And because of this I find it difficult having variety.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I feel things that I should be eating I don't like. And because of this I find it difficult having variety.

Are you feeling under nourished, or losing/gaining weight you don't want to, or are you feeling like some sort of "bad diabetc"?

The "bad diabetic" is used to describe an emotional reaction to imperfection, rather than any label I subscribe to for you or anyone else