Type 1 Can you buy low carb meals

Jamietomkinson1990

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Is there anywhere to buy low carb meals or do you have to make them I am a unstable type 1 diabetic was born with it and now 28

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Personally, I find that I need to check the labels of any prepared food from supermarkets. There are lots of hidden sugars in them

What are your favourite foods?

Jamietomkinson1990

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Personally, I find that I need to check the labels of any prepared food from supermarkets. There are lots of hidden sugars in them

What are your favourite foods?

I would eat anything it’s just the carb counting I’ve checked online at good food such as fish and eggs but I alleays end up with pain down my legs and have been told that’s a sign of to much sugar

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
You can't buy and cook your own fish?

Jamietomkinson1990

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Never said I couldn’t I’m just asking if you can buy read meals to eat quickly my levels could go from 8 down to 2 in a couple Mins I’m unstable

Jamietomkinson1990

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I want to try low carbs for like a week and just see how I feel you know as I’m used to having high levels when I’m at 7 I feel low is there any foods you would recommend

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Is there anywhere to buy low carb meals or do you have to make them I am a unstable type 1 diabetic was born with it and now 28
I am not aware of any. It would be helpful to some if they did. My Mrs works in a place that makes ready made meals and they don’t do low carb versions (yet). Having said that, I wouldn’t buy them.

Jamietomkinson1990

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I am not aware of any. It would be helpful to some if they did. My Mrs works in a place that makes ready made meals and they don’t do low carb versions (yet). Having said that, I wouldn’t buy them.

Why wouldn’t you buy them is there any foods you would recommend also how many carbs should you have a day

Jamietomkinson1990

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Lol fair enough as I said I wanted to try something for a week just to see how I feel after if I feel any different and better in my self

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lol fair enough as I said I wanted to try something for a week just to see how I feel after if I feel any different and better in my self
Have you thought of a slow cooker to make a stew with low carb vedge? A slow cooker can turn a useless cook into a passable one and give low carb friendly and nutritious meals.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's almost impossible to advise on recommended levels
I am T2 not on insulin. I went keto to get my levels down. Last Easter I bought a ready m Al of guinea fowl. Numbers went sky high because I didn't read the label. 1.4g carb sounded great, it had stuffing and after the bird, the next highest ingredient was glucose syrup. Lesson learned.

Jamietomkinson1990

Type of diabetes
Type 1
It's almost impossible to advise on recommended levels
I am T2 not on insulin. I went keto to get my levels down. Last Easter I bought a ready m Al of guinea fowl. Numbers went sky high because I didn't read the label. 1.4g carb sounded great, it had stuffing and after the bird, the next highest ingredient was glucose syrup. Lesson learned.

Yeh not good anyways thx for the help

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Microwaved chicken pieces will be a quickish meal, you cannot get any lazier way of cooking than that. :D

I take it you are in the UK, here's the Fat Secret nutrition info for most of the food there.

https://www.fatsecret.co.uk/calories-nutrition/
An easy meal for me has been fried diced chicken breast. With cauliflower rice. I am a useless cook but found this works.

Jamietomkinson1990

Type of diabetes
Type 1
An easy meal for me has been fried diced chicken breast. With cauliflower rice. I am a useless cook but found this works.

IMG_1775.jpg