YPSOPUMP reviews

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Good morning everyone, I’m in a bit of a dilemma, I’ve used Accu-Chek pumps for the last 20+ years and they’ve been really good, but I’m due for a change and I’m looking at the Ypsopump.

I’ve read plenty of info and held one plus tried a cannula it looks all very simple.

Are there any of you good people on or thinking of going on to one, how does it compare to the Accu-Chek Insight?, handling, visibility, accessories, back up and most important reliability!!

I’ve not heard much about them the customer services seem efficient and prompt.

I am partially sighted so it has to be a factor in choosing I know it’s swiping and icons which I do like, and I can use my novarapid vials.

But is anyone actually on one

Also is the App actually in use yet or will be soon?

And I use the LIBRE so how does it fair with this.

Sorry lots of questions first thing but you know what it’s like new gadget plenty to ask.

I look forward to any advice for or against.

Diabetic Dave

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Good morning everyone, I’m in a bit of a dilemma, I’ve used Accu-Chek pumps for the last 20+ years and they’ve been really good, but I’m due for a change and I’m looking at the Ypsopump.

I’ve read plenty of info and held one plus tried a cannula it looks all very simple.

Are there any of you good people on or thinking of going on to one, how does it compare to the Accu-Chek Insight?, handling, visibility, accessories, back up and most important reliability!!

I’ve not heard much about them the customer services seem efficient and prompt.

I am partially sighted so it has to be a factor in choosing I know it’s swiping and icons which I do like, and I can use my novarapid vials.

But is anyone actually on one

Also is the App actually in use yet or will be soon?

And I use the LIBRE so how does it fair with this.

Sorry lots of questions first thing but you know what it’s like new gadget plenty to ask.

I look forward to any advice for or against.

Diabetic Dave
Hi Dave did you have the ypsopump after ? If so what do you think of it ? Been offered it as an option for my next pump. Phil.

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Hi Dave did you have the ypsopump after ? If so what do you think of it ? Been offered it as an option for my next pump. Phil.

Hi Phil, bit of a nightmare really I chose the Ypsopump but I’m still waiting to get it, in fact I’ve got to wait till August 8th for gawd knows what reasons.

So I’ve now got a lot of insulin pens in case my good old faithful INSIGHT dies as it’s well past it’s 4yr expiry date according to my calendar.

I’m a bit disappointed and hope this is not a sign of things to come

The reason I chose this is it’s simple icon workings I just wish someone would make these flipping pumps like a iPhone as their always bland colours and that the screens are “Black & White”or similar.

Kind regards
DiabeticDave

Reactions: philchap1
D

Deleted Account

I’ve now got a lot of insulin pens in case my good old faithful INSIGHT dies
Don't you always have a backup of insulin pens in case your pump fails?
My Animas failed once whilst under warranty and took 2 days to be replaced.
It has been drummed into me by DSN to always ensure I have a backup of pens and always take these with me when I go away overnight.

(Apologies ... I do not intend to derail this thread).

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I have an ancient metal pen that when I checked the insulin was 3 years out of date, I know very stupid of me but it’s just never even crossed my mind .
But I don’t know how, I’ve now got 10 pens of basal and 10 of long term that we’re prescribed to me. Hmm perhaps somebody is trying to tell me something.

They’ll last a lifetime

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Phil, bit of a nightmare really I chose the Ypsopump but I’m still waiting to get it, in fact I’ve got to wait till August 8th for gawd knows what reasons.

So I’ve now got a lot of insulin pens in case my good old faithful INSIGHT dies as it’s well past it’s 4yr expiry date according to my calendar.

I’m a bit disappointed and hope this is not a sign of things to come

The reason I chose this is it’s simple icon workings I just wish someone would make these flipping pumps like a iPhone as their always bland colours and that the screens are “Black & White”or similar.

Kind regards
DiabeticDave
Thanks Dave.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I wouldn't worry too much - while the average age at which a pump expires is inside 4 years, most pumps that go beyond that seem to be able to last well beyond the 4 year warranty period. That's just a convenient lock-in for the pump manufacturers to grind as much cash out of the insurance company/healthcare payer as possible. The pump I'm currently using is around 9 years old.

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Blimey that’s amazing 9yrs funny enough I found that out yesterday at my review by my endocrinologist.

I have news !!
I’ve self funded the LIBRE since November and I’d decided on the YPSOPUMP but all that’s changed completely my results were 43 which they’ve been for about the last 4-5 yrs but I’ve no hypo warning and they sometimes run excessively low no matter what I adjust.

I’m now getting funding for CGM I think I’m getting The Medtronic 640or 670g it’s my choice once I’ve seen them as it it has to bee sight friendly and is it the Dexcom I might be a little confused as soon as he said I had complete funding I was on a different planet.
This will be completed shortly.

I’d love some advice on Medtronic products and CGM’s
1st hand I know I’ll have training but you can’t beat hands on experience

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Ok got a bit carried away