ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I have had my follow up appt this morning.
Sorry if I seem to post alot just recently about my woes.
I definitely have Ataxia and so thankful it's not anything serious like a stroke etc.
That now explains why my coordination is bad, numbness, pain and general weakness in legs and arms.
The consultant did say remy numbness in legs and feet. He said some of it can be due to neuropathy but Ataxia can do that as well.
He is referring me to neuro physio because that is slightly different to ordinary physio.
Also he is referring me to the eye clinic because of my squint. As that is my lazy eye, I was told a few years ago by the eye dept that they wouldn't fix the squint as it is a lazy eye and the hospital can't do it because it was for cosmetic reasons. When it's fixed, that will help alot with my coordination. Makes alot of sense.
Ataxia has medication to help, consultant is speaking to the multi disciplinary team to work out what meds will help because of my bipolar and diabetes meds. He will get back to me about the meds and also write a report for me explaining what was discussed this morning as so much was said.
Moral to this post, is anyone having trouble getting any help, it's worth keep pushing for help.
I know plus my psych and the neurologist, also ENT, have all agreed my gp surgery has lete down big time.
They are pushing me to make a formal complaint about my surgery but as yet, no idea if I will xx

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
That's fantastic news, lass. You've done really well in the face of apathy from your GP. Onwards and Upwards!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh Ally, WELL DONE.

Finally, after all this time you have someone who is taking you seriously and can offer some answers.

Am soooo chuffed for you.

Reactions: ally1

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Oh Ally, WELL DONE.
Thank you.
Its been a hard long slog

Finally, after all this time you have someone who is taking you seriously and can offer some answers.

Am soooo chuffed for you.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Moral to this post, is anyone having trouble getting any help, it's worth keep pushing for help.

Brilliant Ally, well done.

Plus some wise words to inspire us all too.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
HUGE well done @ally1 . We all talk about people on here being inspirations and beacons of light in adversity, but you truly are an inspiration to me.

In the face of so many rejections and shoddy treatment, you have jest keep quietly striving for what is right.

Huge respect (as the young people used to say!) Ally.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
HUGE well done @ally1 . We all talk about people on here being inspirations and beacons of light in adversity, but you truly are an inspiration to me.

In the face of so many rejections and shoddy treatment, you have jest keep quietly striving for what is right.

Huge respect (as the young people used to say!) Ally.
Thank you.
When I first joined here, I wouldn't say poo to a goose. It's everyone on the site that have always encouraged me.
Its like me posting that I have bipolar. Many people think mental illness shouldn't be pubilically talked about. I was one of those but I have no shame to now admit about bipolar. Many members have since opened up about their mental health.

Reactions: Guzzler

Cobia

Type of diabetes
LADA
Thank you.
When I first joined here, I wouldn't say poo to a goose. It's everyone on the site that have always encouraged me.
Its like me posting that I have bipolar. Many people think mental illness shouldn't be pubilically talked about. I was one of those but I have no shame to now admit about bipolar. Many members have since opened up about their mental health.

No shame it can go further than mental illness. Ataxia there is at least 100 different types.....

Thing is if the diabetes issnt under good enough control it multiples the effect.....

Just my thoughts.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
No shame it can go further than mental illness. Ataxia there is at least 100 different types.....

Thing is if the diabetes issnt under good enough control it multiples the effect.....

Just my thoughts.
Yes I agree. My levels are ok. I realise high bs levels can aggregate the ataxia

catfan

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Too many to list.
I have had my follow up appt this morning.
Sorry if I seem to post alot just recently about my woes.
I definitely have Ataxia and so thankful it's not anything serious like a stroke etc.
That now explains why my coordination is bad, numbness, pain and general weakness in legs and arms.
The consultant did say remy numbness in legs and feet. He said some of it can be due to neuropathy but Ataxia can do that as well.
He is referring me to neuro physio because that is slightly different to ordinary physio.
Also he is referring me to the eye clinic because of my squint. As that is my lazy eye, I was told a few years ago by the eye dept that they wouldn't fix the squint as it is a lazy eye and the hospital can't do it because it was for cosmetic reasons. When it's fixed, that will help alot with my coordination. Makes alot of sense.
Ataxia has medication to help, consultant is speaking to the multi disciplinary team to work out what meds will help because of my bipolar and diabetes meds. He will get back to me about the meds and also write a report for me explaining what was discussed this morning as so much was said.
I know plus my psych and the neurologist, also ENT, have all agreed my gp surgery has lete down big time.
They are pushing me to make a formal complaint about my surgery but as yet, no idea if I will xx

Well done from me too BUT don't expect too much by complaining about your GP. Doctors will & do close ranks all the time. I would be inclined to look for another GP & move without any black marks on you patient file.

Reactions: SueO246 and ally1

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Well done from me too BUT don't expect too much by complaining about your GP. Doctors will & do close ranks all the time. I would be inclined to look for another GP & move without any black marks on you patient file.
That will be hard because I have looked at moving surgeries. The one nearest to me, is a one man gp. Unfortunately, there isn't a bus that goes that way and taxis would be too expensive. The next two surgeries to me, both have said they don't cover where I live.

Reactions: SueO246