Sometimes life gives you lemons

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@xfieldok sorry to hear your news and though I know nothing about the condition I hope the new drugs will help. Please accept lots more hugs.

Reactions: xfieldok

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@xfieldok - That diagnosis is a huge blow. I do hope you find some rerlief soon. Nt eing able to eat would slay be, for sure!

I'm not going to suggest you do anything dire with that leg og lamb, but the IP really does make a fabulous job of lamb shank, to make it fall apart, and fork shreddable. Could something of that ilk work for you?

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@xfieldok - That diagnosis is a huge blow. I do hope you find some rerlief soon. Nt eing able to eat would slay be, for sure!

I'm not going to suggest you do anything dire with that leg og lamb, but the IP really does make a fabulous job of lamb shank, to make it fall apart, and fork shreddable. Could something of that ilk work for you?
If the tablets work the lamb will be defrosted and roasted. I know these sheep personally and they are something special!

The leg is far too big for the IP but note what you say for smaller cuts. Thanks.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If the tablets work the lamb will be defrosted and roasted. I know these sheep personally and they are something special!

The leg is far too big for the IP but note what you say for smaller cuts. Thanks.

I know lots of people do put things like leg of lamb in the pot, but I prefer my premium, traditionally roasting cuts to be roasted slowly (for the torture of the aromas!), but something like a shank or I have a fabulous gammon hock in the fridge awaiting it's fate, head potward.

For the gammon, I take the rind off for the most fabulous stand alone crackling before doing anything else, but then the hock will become something, as yet undecided, then stock for soup and so on.

Take it steady and I so really do hope those tablets help you pretty pronto.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I know lots of people do put things like leg of lamb in the pot, but I prefer my premium, traditionally roasting cuts to be roasted slowly (for the torture of the aromas!), but something like a shank or I have a fabulous gammon hock in the fridge awaiting it's fate, head potward.

For the gammon, I take the rind off for the most fabulous stand alone crackling before doing anything else, but then the hock will become something, as yet undecided, then stock for soup and so on.

Take it steady and I so really do hope those tablets help you pretty pronto.

"Head potward" lol

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@xfieldok you have really been dealt a bad hand here and my heart goes out to you. I hope to goodness that the meds, when you get them, help somewhat. It must be so depressing not to be able to chew. I’m amazed you still sound in such good spirits. Glad your hubby is so supportive and I’m sure those pups, once toilet training etc has been achieved, will be a real tonic for you. I’ve got everything crossed for you defrosting that gorgeous leg of lamb soon.

Reactions: Guzzler

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@xfieldok you have really been dealt a bad hand here and my heart goes out to you. I hope to goodness that the meds, when you get them, help somewhat. It must be so depressing not to be able to chew. I’m amazed you still sound in such good spirits. Glad your hubby is so supportive and I’m sure those pups, once toilet training etc has been achieved, will be a real tonic for you. I’ve got everything crossed for you defrosting that gorgeous leg of lamb soon.
You know what they say about life serving up lemons and making low carb lemonade I have been alternating between bereavement (not something I experienced with diabetes) and a dogged determination to have fun.

Still exhausted with the puppies but it is such a joy to have the house full of life again, the toilet training, whilst annoying, is manageable. Nowhere near as tired as we were 3 weeks ago. They are 12 weeks today.

I am incredibly lucky to have such a supportive hubby. He is letting me rest as much as possible. I am doing the night shift with the puppies tonight and will kip on the sofa, I will be in bed at about 7am.

I am sure I will have downtimes as well as uptimes. When my dad had a heart attack, he died 6 weeks later, he spent that time in a state of anger. It was a waste. I could get hit by a bus tomorrow. I will have fun tonight

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You know what they say about life serving up lemons and making low carb lemonade I have been alternating between bereavement (not something I experienced with diabetes) and a dogged determination to have fun.

Still exhausted with the puppies but it is such a joy to have the house full of life again, the toilet training, whilst annoying, is manageable. Nowhere near as tired as we were 3 weeks ago. They are 12 weeks today.

I am incredibly lucky to have such a supportive hubby. He is letting me rest as much as possible. I am doing the night shift with the puppies tonight and will kip on the sofa, I will be in bed at about 7am.

I am sure I will have downtimes as well as uptimes. When my dad had a heart attack, he died 6 weeks later, he spent that time in a state of anger. It was a waste. I could get hit by a bus tomorrow. I will have fun tonight

You have a great attitude, and you are absolutely right. Your dad’s tragic tale exeplifies this. Fingers crossed for you.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How is it going @xfieldok ?

I have been wondering, and just saw on another thread that you are eating again! Yay! That must be such a relief?

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How is it going @xfieldok ?

I have been wondering, and just saw on another thread that you are eating again! Yay! That must be such a relief?
I get a little tired towards the end of the meal. I still don't have the strength I had but the improvement feels massive. My leg of Herdwick lamb is going in the oven today. It will be roasted sliced and frozen for future meals. I can't wait. Lashings of gravy mmmmmm......

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I get a little tired towards the end of the meal. I still don't have the strength I had but the improvement feels massive. My leg of Herdwick lamb is going in the oven today. It will be roasted sliced and frozen for future meals. I can't wait. Lashings of gravy mmmmmm......

That is great news.
Delighted for you!!!