Travel Sharps Boxes

Vickitub

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm going to be traveling to Vegas in September and I’m wondering what size sharps boxes would be good. I use a pen for my insulin. I did find some on amazon sizes 200ml and 0.6. I’m so confused as to what’s right.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
I'm going to be traveling to Vegas in September and I’m wondering what size sharps boxes would be good. I use a pen for my insulin. I did find some on amazon sizes 200ml and 0.6. I’m so confused as to what’s right.

Save your hard earned cash and use an empty plastic drinks bottle. Also reusing the plastic and helping to save the planet at the same time so feel smug all holiday.

Reactions: evilclive
D

Deleted Account

I second the old water bottle. I find a smallish (300ml) one is plenty big enough for a 2 week holiday.
I usually take a smaller bottle (or old test strip pot) out with during the day and decant into the bigger (but still small) bottle in the hotel at night. I put the bigger (but still small) bottle in my case on the way home and decant into my “proper” sharps box when I get home.

Reactions: karen8967
D

Deleted Account

Good idea, I just worry about the rules in America.
I have adopted this approach in America ... and every other country I have visited in the last 15 years.
No one cares that I have no official sharps container.