ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Had a catch up sleep at 3pm so just back off to bed now for an early night.
It's going to be - 6 degrees tonight. Heating on 52 to cope with drop in temperature through the night.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
woke at 3.30 am and was up at 4 am arghhh will be shattered later in the day

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
was tired last eve so went to bed around 9am and fell asleep was wide awake at 12.15 arghh so got up had a drink went back to bed sighs feel shattered this morning now

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
went to bed at 9 am awake at 12.30 and can not get back to sleep ...........yawns

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
I’m awake to . Getting use to late nights with Ron not able to sleep.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Fingers crossed Ron has a better nights sleep. . The violent spasms are back .

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I don't seem to be as much of a night owl lately. :) :) :)
Hope everyone is the same.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
A rocky night but I stayed off posting on this thread til now.

Just awaiting my PIP assessment decision. It takes months since renewal date, it seems.
In all my jobs I've never made people wait so long for a decision, not even car insurance. I did quick claims and even if it did draw out it was because of lawyers and judges.
It feels so unnatural.
Amber Rudd even recognises disabled people are still being treated as 2nd class citizens.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A rocky night but I stayed off posting on this thread til now.

Just awaiting my PIP assessment decision. It takes months since renewal date, it seems.
In all my jobs I've never made people wait so long for a decision, not even car insurance. I did quick claims and even if it did draw out it was because of lawyers and judges.
It feels so unnatural.
Amber Rudd even recognises disabled people are still being treated as 2nd class citizens.

So are old people, especially poor ones! Life is hard enough without it being made harder.

Any decision yet on your PIP assessment? I only just now saw your post. It must be nice to at least know the names of the people in charge of the things others need.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
So are old people, especially poor ones! Life is hard enough without it being made harder.

Any decision yet on your PIP assessment? I only just now saw your post. It must be nice to at least know the names of the people in charge of the things others need.
Received a letter to say its being dealt with but no decision on my renewal, as yet.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Do you have insomnia because of work pressure?
Not working but have a stressful family dynamics. Also alot of pain due to trapped nerves in back and neck. All on my right side is effected, especially walking.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thrush, thrush.... thrush.
Need I say more.

I've found a new more effective treatment. Ice packs to sooth the inferno. Oh and plenty of distraction.
Hence here I am, again.
Hoping just a temporary bleep.

New treatment for IBS for me is chewing gum. I know all literature states its a catalyst but.... not for me. Everytime I chew, no IBS. So far.
Mind u my body changes all the time so I'd watch this space if you're a sufferer to.

My back pain is absolutely horrendous lately. Crying level of pain again. I'm due an annual review via GP but not convinced dihydrocodeine isn't effective any more as I reduce my 8 tablets whenever possible to avoid addictions.
I'm exercising painful arm and leg/buttocks daily but still haven't regained their full use back so nerves must move around a tad and not be nipped continuously. I'm guessing inflammation may cause any nipping.
I need internal ice packs but I'm not allowed any anti-inflammatory meds due to heart disease. Even rub that I use if arm out of total action is a bit of a no-no. Older GP prescribes it if I'm in crying agony. It is hugely effective for comfortable sleep. I guess reduces my need for more insulin too to treat higher bgs. So more of a humanity call from GP than a research preventative call.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, @ickihun . I am glad to see you again, although very sorry for the wakefulness that brings you here.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am up; it is not quite 11:30 here and I have two loads of laundry just about to be done in the dryers upstairs. Sheets and towels. The laundry room is so quiet this time of night!

I am sorry to hear about your pains and the struggles with meds. I have a friend who takes a prescribed opioid every night to help her sleep without pain. I have been swapping from Tylenol (the safest AFAIK) to Advil (not great for BP) because the Tylenol is not great for liver. :(

I'm not sure what thrush is. I know what it is for horses but not for humans. With horses it is a deteriorating of the frog, the spongy inside of the hoof, often caused by moisture.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Tonight I feel like a big weight has been lifted from my shoulders . Hopefully now I can sleep properly. Night all sweet dreams . X

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
went to sleep at about 10 pm and awoke at 3 am was up supping tea then gonna be shattered later me thinks

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
and I was went to lay down after tea and was gone , awoken when hubby brought a mug of tea up and woke up again an hour later to the tea being cold :woot:

Reactions: tina_marie