Lichen Sclerosus

SusieBrown65

Thank you Jennifer, i was given Ovestin cream which contains estriol 1mg in 1g and I have it on repeat with no recourse to my GP. It says use daily for 8 weeks. I’ve been on it for 2 years. Is Eumovate inserted with an applicator.? I’ve just been looking at the leaflet and realise it is a form of HRT. Eeek, I hadn’t read the leaflet and didn’t realise, I’m going to have to go back to the doctors now ASAP. I’m a bit cross with the doctor and with myself. My sister had breast cancer 2 years ago and so I guess I shouldn’t be using this at all. Thank you for responding to my post, it has really made me look at my situation and it isn’t good.

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was diagnosed in 2012 so have been in and out of doctors' appointments more than you, and seen my local hospital's gynae clinic fall apart when the senior consultant retired and they obviously couldn't get a replacement! And my GP practice is one of those which is overworked and always understaffed. And none of this helps! But in 2017 a small lump developed which led to a biopsy. There was an all-clear, but it made me pay a lot more attention to this.

The Eumovate's a cream you apply with fingers - with advice on the amount to use when I first had it. I can go for months and months not using it at all.

SusieBrown65

Thank you so much it has really made me consider my situation. My problem isn’t just around the vulva, it is deep inside the vagina too, hence I think the HRT but I just wish I’d read the leaflet. My GP practice is much the same as yours it is very over subscribed and difficult to get an appointment unless it’s an emergency. I am going to ring Tuesday morning though as I need to speak to someone and also ask to be referred back to the lady gynaecologist I saw, she did say she would be happy to see me again if I was still worried. Another reason for my concern is that on the leaflet from the Ovestin is that it can cause gall bladder problems and over the past year I have had a lot of pain in that area and now been diagnosed with gall stones and I saw the consultant on Friday and he advised I have my gall bladder out. Now I’m wondering if the Ovestin is the cause. How big would you say your small lump is as I have one of those too, it feels a bit like a small cyst.

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I worked in a hospital at one point. If your consultant gynaecologist said she'd be happy to see you again at any time, I'd recommend ringing her secretary, say that, and ask if you can have another appointment because you're worried. Explain about the lump. Things moved very quickly when I said there was a small lump, i.e. a new development. The secretary can make things happen! Yes, my lump felt cyst-like, but there was no questioning from them that a biopsy was appropriate. And add in the gall bladder problem!

SusieBrown65

Thank you for that Jennifer I will certainly do that, it is all a bit of a worry. You said you sometimes use E45 cream, I’m going to get some today, I presume you mean you can use it in the vulva area. It always makes me wonder what they mean by “not for internal use”. Once again thank you for all the information you’ve shared

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was told to use E45 cream in the period when I was waiting for the lump biopsy - they didn't want me to be using the Eumovate for a period preceding that. So now, if I think it's a small flare-up, I tend to try that first - yes, only on the vulval skin..

Adm_Mad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I had this a couple of years ago, diagnosed by a gynaecologist and a prescription steroid cream cleared it up, hasn’t returned yet. My type 2 diabetes diagnosis was nowhere on the horizon yet. Ughhhh is literally every physical thing wrong with you in the history of your life related to your diabetes?

Reactions: dmckatana
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I had this a couple of years ago, diagnosed by a gynaecologist and a prescription steroid cream cleared it up, hasn’t returned yet. My type 2 diabetes diagnosis was nowhere on the horizon yet. Ughhhh is literally every physical thing wrong with you in the history of your life related to your diabetes?

Probably isn't, yet but it does feel like it at times.