T2 and Non Alcoholic Fatty Liver (present or past) disease?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A health reporter from the Daily Mail Good Health section is looking to interview people who have type 2 diabetes and non alcohol related fatty liver disease. It would involve a short phone interview and the newspaper will send a photographer at a time arranged to suit your convenience before end of this week. For more information please get in touch with forum@Diabetes.co.uk, and you will be referred to the relevant area.

The NAFLD can be past or present, as some fwere found to have NAFLD, on diagnosis, but now resolved.

Many thanks.

Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A little nudge up for our evening traffic.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And a further bump.

The NAFLD can be past or present, as some fwere found to have NAFLD, on diagnosis, but now resolved. . I'll amend the OP too. :)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And a further bump.

The NAFLD can be past or present, as some fwere found to have NAFLD, on diagnosis, but now resolved. . I'll amend the OP too. :)

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Many of us, I think, never had a diagnosis of NAFLD.
I don't recall even having the subject raised, although I was only BMI 27.5 on diagnosis.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't recall even having the subject raised, although I was only BMI 27.5 on diagnosis.

Thanks LittleGreyCat. I think a few have had diagnosis, and a few have concluded from elevated liver enzymes etc.

M

Member496333

My understanding is that virtually everyone with chronic insulin resistance has fatty liver. Not sure on the semantics of “disease” though.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was diagnosed with a NAFL a couple of years before my T2D diagnosis.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was diagnosed with a NAFL a couple of years before my T2D diagnosis.

If you would like to be considered, please drop a note to forum@ and your info will be passed on.

Assuming you do elect to email, please include some context in your email, as they're trying to move this article along pretty promptly, I understand.

Thanks!

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Are the interested in people who had a very bad liver function blood test even if the person was not told it is due to NAFL?

Reactions: zand

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't know exactly where the cut-offs apply, but if you are interested, make contact with forum@ and it will be reviewed by the decision-making bods.

RachelN76

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have a type 2, and non alcoholic fatty liver.

However I would rather chew my own arm off than give anything to the Daily Mail.

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
Me too! NAFLD diagnosed but for some reason my GP stopped testing my blood sugar for a few years, during which time it was building and building, until I went in and asked for a urine test. Which obviously was high.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I was under the impression that whilst the liver function tests and Gamma GT results can be markers for NAFLD it can only be diagnosed after a liver scan. I doubt there are very many of us who had such a scan. Personally I can't be of help because my liver bits and bobs have always been well within the normal range.