• Thread starter catherinecherub
  • Start Date

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
86 mg/dl = 4.8 m moles/l Very early test at ca 0:1.30,but good result after bumping carbs to 40 grams net for the day, but keeping protein close to the minimum daily requirement.

Reactions: 1spuds

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
83 mg/dl or 4.6 m moles/l at 02:15 ie very early in the morning My best for a long time and perhaps a glimmer of hope.Only time will tell..

Reactions: 1spuds

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
89 mg/dl or 4.9 m moles/l at 04 :05 later than usual morning measurement.

Cocosilk

Type of diabetes
Gestational
Treatment type
Insulin
83 mg/dl or 4.6 m moles/l at 02:15 ie very early in the morning My best for a long time and perhaps a glimmer of hope.Only time will tell..
Hi Pasha, when you measure your fasting level at 2:30am, how many hours ago had you last eaten? Was it a 6pm dinner so an 8 hour fast? I have measured during the night in the high 4s but by morning it's often back up into the 5s with the dawn phenomenon thing.

Reactions: 1spuds and Prem51

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi Pasha, when you measure your fasting level at 2:30am, how many hours ago had you last eaten? Was it a 6pm dinner so an 8 hour fast? I have measured during the night in the high 4s but by morning it's often back up into the 5s with the dawn phenomenon thing.

Hi there cocosilk. That reading ie at 2:30 am was taken 14 hours after the first bite of my last meal of the day. I only eat 2 meals a day. My last meal starts at 12;30 ie just after noon. I think that I caught this FBG value before a predawn liver dump. Now when I get up in the night to "water the horse" I have started to measure my BG values.

Cocosilk

Type of diabetes
Gestational
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there cocosilk. That reading ie at 2:30 am was taken 14 hours after the first bite of my last meal of the day. I only eat 2 meals a day. My last meal starts at 12;30 ie just after noon. I think that I caught this FBG value before a predawn liver dump. Now when I get up in the night to "water the horse" I have started to measure my BG values.
Oh wow, a good long fast then. I don't get to measure my fasting level much at the moment because I'm up most of the night with my newborn. I was eating a salad at 3am this morning. I get hungry too often to do a long fast because I'm breastfeeding :p and eating low carb.

Cocosilk

Type of diabetes
Gestational
Treatment type
Insulin
How long have you been eating only 2 meals a day? Has it helped a lot with your fasting levels?

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
How long have you been eating only 2 meals a day? Has it helped a lot with your fasting levels?

I think for a couple of years at least, took a bit of getting used to, later it becomes second nature. I generally aim for a 16 hour fast but sometimes my sleep patterns get disrupted.[ long hot summers] Yes the two meals a day helped lower my FBG and thats the driving force that keeps me on track with this way of eating.

Cocosilk

Type of diabetes
Gestational
Treatment type
Insulin
4.9 m moles/l early this morning
This morning I had my first 4.9 for a while but mine doesn't really count as it was only a 7 hour fast and I'd been up about 4 times through the night with the baby and up for the hour preceding the test :p

Reactions: Prem51

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
This morning I had my first 4.9 for a while but mine doesn't really count as it was only a 7 hour fast and I'd been up about 4 times through the night with the baby and up for the hour preceding the test :p
It sure does count, its fantastic !!! Brava