Miaomiao sticker issue

Hi everyone,

I've been using my miaomiao for about 4 or 5 days now, and I love it! After some initial teething issues with connection (which I now seem to have fixed, fingers crossed!) it's working great and I'm getting some good results, accurate with the libre scanner and finger prick tests.

However, I have noticed since yesterday I'm suffering some pain under the sensor, which was getting increasingly worse. Having carefully pulled it off this afternoon it looks like I am allergic to the stickies that are provided by miaomiao :( my skin is blistered like a burn!
I have ordered a holder/armband, but they're coming from Europe and will take at least a week or so to arrive.
Does anyone have any ideas for keeping it on in the interim period? I'm loathe to leave it off as I'm getting much better control than I was with the Libre alone!
I do not have the same reaction to the Libre stickers, so I'm assuming the glue is different?

Thanks in advance!
Becka

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, @Twilightprincess , if you pop into Boots, most of them sell Molnlycke Mepore 7 by 8 cm plasters for about 20p each, but you'll need to ask at the counter for them.

I'd been using them for a long time to hold on the earlier blucon transmitter, and they'll be large enough to hold on a miaomiao as well.

It's a fairly mild adhesive on them, I never had any reactions with them.

I'd still use the oval bit of the sticker to hold the mm onto the libre, as it needs to be closely attached, and the plaster ought to hold the rest in place.

Faling that, just a couple of ordinary long sticking plasters laid across the body of the mm should do it.

Hope you get somethinh sorted out, the mm is very useful!

Hi Scott,

Thanks I will try them, but I have a horrible feeling I'm allergic to them as well! I had a kidney transplant last year and developed a reaction to the dressings they used in the hospital - they had to source special ones for me as I was having more trouble with blisters around my surgery wound than I was with the wound. Can't remember if it was mepore I reacted to, or if that was what they had to use.

Seems I'm sensitive to certain glues, which is odd as I have no other allergies nor sensitive skin. I think I'm ok with normal plasters so if all else fails that's what I'll do until the holder arrives.

The mm is great though isn't it, how long have you had yours? Did you have many issues with it in the beginning?

Reactions: porl69

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
mm is great though isn't it, how long have you had yours? Did you have many issues with it in the beginning?

Nah, it's been pretty solid right from the start. Have had it for about 6 months.

I've read of some people having had connection difficulties with the bluetooth connection to their phone, but mines only drops out once in a blue moon and reconnects after 10 mins or so.

The battery lasts for several weeks after a short hour or so charge.

I'm on an android LG K8 phone using the android app xDrip+ as the cgm receiver, which has lots of bells and whistles for keeping the bluetooth connection.

I've got it sending to a smartwatch too, which is really useful for just keeping an eye on levels every now and then instead if dragging the phone out - picked on a few drops I might have missed that way.

There's a half dozen or so regular posters on here using mm, xDrip+ and Spike, so fire away with any questions if it starts playing up!

DD2207

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @twighlightprincess,

I use tagederm, its a sterile transparent film. works well to keep libre sensor and miaowmiaow in place and adds a extra layer of water protection.
Think they're available at most large chemists.

Hope this helps,
David