White wine & soda?

GuidingSenses

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Is the odd one a week allowed? I’m going away and hope to stick to g&t as I know wine is a no no and full of sugar. Don’t want to panic the nurse on my 2nd appointment in 2 weeks if I have an odd wine.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
She put me on Metformin one a day, this is day 3.

Is your tummy OK on the Metformin so far? Some folks find it upsets their tumms for a short while, asome find they can't get on with it, and the majority are just fine on it.

Take it steady with the vino (not suggesting you're setting out to go OTT), just to see how you go. When you're taking new meds, and changes to your food, reactions can sometimes be a bit surprising.

Reactions: BonnieH

GuidingSenses

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thankyou and yes day 1 I had slight nausea, day 2 ok and today yet to see. Just had one very diluted wine and soda with my meal but yes it’s a one off for a few days but we are away Tues -Fri and didn’t know if spritzer was ok as my nurse just talked about sugar content.
Thankyou for your advice

Flora123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thankyou and yes day 1 I had slight nausea, day 2 ok and today yet to see. Just had one very diluted wine and soda with my meal but yes it’s a one off for a few days but we are away Tues -Fri and didn’t know if spritzer was ok as my nurse just talked about sugar content.
Thankyou for your advice

I probably have my full quota a week. It is one of my few pleasures since going ultra low carb. Everyone needs something!

Reactions: GuidingSenses

sarah_chadwick

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am able to drink wine and soda, I tend to go for some of the low alcohol ones that have low sugar too, but I only drink them occasionally, I'm practically tee-total these days, and don't miss it at all.

Reactions: GuidingSenses