The Obesity Code

JoycieW

Just read this fascinating book The Obesity Code by Dr Jason Fung. It explores our diet and how this has changed over time, especially since the 1970s when the obesity crisis and T2D started to develop. It gives advice on how to reverse insulin resistance through food choices and intermittent fasting. I'm putting the ideas into practice and I'll be interested to see what my next HbA1c result will be in June.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
yes Jason Fung has done and is doing an amazing job... he has helped so many people back to a normal weight and also helped many of us get back to normal blood glucose numbers... it is really people like him that ought get the nobel prize for doing a gigantic difference in normal peoples lives..without earning much on his very effective advice

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
thanks. but I would prefer a book I can sit and read. i dont have a smartfone, tablet etc, just my laptop in my home office.

Is it this book different to the fasting one? or is there considerable overlap?
I would say the Obesity Code is more about the science behind what Dr Fung believes causes Type 2 so a more detailed approach to insulin resistance and the benefits of Low Carb and Fasting. So in a nutshell it explains why what he recommends works. If you want to know more about the science then its a great read but if you are happy applying what you have learnt from the Complete Guide to Fasting then you probably don't need it.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another one here who have benefited immensely from his insightful blog.
https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/

His realization was a turning point for many of us...
https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/my-journey/

Then came the inescapable, horrifying conclusion. We, as doctors, had been treating T2D exactly wrong. And that is why I have started this journey. Because with the proper treatment, T2D is a curable disease. T2D is a disease of too much insulin, just as obesity results from too much insulin. The treatment is to lower insulin, not raise it. We weren’t just not treating T2D, we were making it worse.

Reactions: kumera and JoycieW