Hot flush

rosajean

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Can anyone tell me why i often get a hot flush after eating? I am not menopausal ! Is it caused by eating too high carbs ?

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Possibly, are you taking readings after eating?

D

Deleted Account

Whilst it may be some reaction to your bg, it may have nothing to do with diabetes. It is easy to blame diabetes for every niggle but we can still experience all the other conditions people without diabetes get.

You can find out more by testing your bg when you get hot flushes.
It may be some type of allergic reaction to some particular foods.

Reactions: rosajean

rosajean

Type of diabetes
Type 2

It is diabetes as I get it too are you type 2 ? Are you on metformin ?
It is diabetes as I get it too are you type 2 ? Are you on metformin ?
When I was first diagnosed - 18 months ago - I tested all the time, but had been advised that i only need to test once a week or before driving - glicazide spikes - maybe I should go back to testing

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When I was first diagnosed - 18 months ago - I tested all the time, but had been advised that i only need to test once a week or before driving - glicazide spikes - maybe I should go back to testing

To be honest, @rosajean , the fact that you are now experiencing issues you don't understand would warrant ramping up the testing again. Once you work out if your numbers are spiking up, or down, or if you have eaten certain foods before your flushes, you could reconsider.

rosajean

Type of diabetes
Type 2
To be honest, @rosajean , the fact that you are now experiencing issues you don't understand would warrant ramping up the testing again. Once you work out if your numbers are spiking up, or down, or if you have eaten certain foods before your flushes, you could reconsider.
I agree, its time for me to start over and look more carefully at what foods effect my bg. thanks

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Can anyone tell me why i often get a hot flush after eating? I am not menopausal ! Is it caused by eating too high carbs ?

I often do after breakfast. Not so much other meals but straight after breakfast. I’ve put this down to it being a warm meal (fry up) although other hot meals don’t do this.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree, its time for me to start over and look more carefully at what foods effect my bg. thanks

You may find it's nothing you're eating and drinking, but even if that's the case, at least you'll know to look elsewhere.