Type 2 Gluco-Fast 60 caps [DNA Biopharm]

WaG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi all

It has been quite some time since I have been on the site as I have been getting my head down and getting on with it plus changing jobs etc

After 12.5 years age 56.5 I am still on metformin 500mg x 4 daily and of course statins and have been trying to avoid the next drug.

I have had some success taking chromium and am moving onto trying cassia cinnamon next (all with my nurses approval) but I came across the above and wondered if anyone has come across it as it claims to be quite something. You can find out more through https://www.bhealthy.co.za/products/gluco-fast-dna-biopharm
Any info would be greatly appreciated as I am on the "naughty step" due to my sugars going from 56 -61 (7.7 in old money) but I have been quite ill for months with chest infections and this had a knock on effect to my exercise and diet so its back to the discipline!

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all

It has been quite some time since I have been on the site as I have been getting my head down and getting on with it plus changing jobs etc

After 12.5 years age 56.5 I am still on metformin 500mg x 4 daily and of course statins and have been trying to avoid the next drug.

I have had some success taking chromium and am moving onto trying cassia cinnamon next (all with my nurses approval) but I came across the above and wondered if anyone has come across it as it claims to be quite something. You can find out more through https://www.bhealthy.co.za/products/gluco-fast-dna-biopharm
Any info would be greatly appreciated as I am on the "naughty step" due to my sugars going from 56 -61 (7.7 in old money) but I have been quite ill for months with chest infections and this had a knock on effect to my exercise and diet so its back to the discipline!
@WaG not sure how long you’ve been on statins but they can raise blood sugar. I was diagnosed with an hba1c of 48 and, because I was diabetic, prescribed statins. Within 6 months my hba1c has risen to 54 despite me changing my diet etc. After I came off the statins due to other side effects my Hba1c reduced to 43 and has been at normal levels for approx 5 years. It is now recorded on my medical records that I am statin intolerant.