MiaoMiao - which is the best app to use?

LauraR88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have just got my MiaoMiao and was wondering what app is the best to use along side it? I use a iPhone and Apple Watch if that helps.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me :)

River83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have just got my MiaoMiao and was wondering what app is the best to use along side it? I use a iPhone and Apple Watch if that helps.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me :)

Spike is the best on iOS, xdrip + or Glimp on Android.

Reactions: LauraR88

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
I use xDrip+ on an andriod phone

LauraR88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have just been advised that Spike was pulled last month but brought back and you now have to pay £99 a year anyone know if this is correct?

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I have just been advised that Spike was pulled last month but brought back and you now have to pay £99 a year anyone know if this is correct?
No, you can still do it on a free Apple account - the app itself is and always will be free. You just need to plug your phone into your computer once a week to “re-sign” the app, as it’s unofficial. Go to Spike-App.com and choose the “semi-manual” install method.

Last edited:
Reactions: LauraR88

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
I have used both apple and andriod and I have to say android wins with ease

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I have used both apple and andriod and I have to say android wins with ease
I can’t get on with Android. I hate the user interface, I have to use one for my first responder volunteering, and it’s HORRIBLE. But that’s just me :) My teenage son loves his Android phone.

LauraR88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
No, you can still do it on a free Apple account - the app itself is and always will be free. You just need to plug your phone into your computer once a week to “re-sign” the app, as it’s unofficial. Go to Spike-App.com and choose the “semi-manual” install method.

That’s brilliant, you just made my day!! I have been looking forward to it arriving and using it, only to be told it would cost £99 a year I don’t mind plugging it in once a week thank you

Reactions: Odin004

Martin786

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Spike is the best on iOS, xdrip + or Glimp on Android.

I have just spent a week trying to load the spike app onto my iPhone 11 Pro using an Apple Mac and after several attempts I have given up. I will just have to find another app to read my new Miao Miao 2 which is still in the box unused a week later! Everyone on here says that the spike app is best but is it so much better than the tomato app that it’s worth all the hours of work to get it loaded onto your phone?