I came off my LCHF diet for 10 days over Christmas

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Haha! Don’t worry, I know you were talking about your exercise bike, weren’t you?

upload_2019-6-24_20-0-43.jpeg

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Part of the trick is find low carb food that we enjoy. That way we don’t need to stray towards carb indulgences too often or at all.

I love my low carb food, I’ve been doing this for 11 years but I love carbs more.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I reckon I used to eat bacon and avocado most days for breakfast for over a year. then I did months and months of chopped ham, cheese and mayo. Nowadays, I manage on coffee/cream for as long as I can, then have my first meal, often last night's leftovers in some form. A 40 minute "ride" in the bedroom, is normally enough to produce 5's, before dinner.
It's by no means strict enough or ideal, but it's a balance I can live with, and one which can be loosened or tightened when necessary!
Sounds pretty good to me so why do you think it could be stricter it sounds pretty strict already to me. If you are having good levels with what you are doing what would be the point of being stricter when you are doing so well already

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds pretty good to me so why do you think it could be stricter it sounds pretty strict already to me. If you are having good levels with what you are doing what would be the point of being stricter when you are doing so well already
Possibly because HbA1 is back up to 47 mmol/m?

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
Honestly? I like 5's. I'm just ok with low and mid 6's. I get grumpy above 6.7. I guess it's because I feel I'm giving up my previous life where I could enjoy bread, pasta, rice...

Reactions: Pinkorchid

Ojustaboo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks all

Been on it for a week now, keeping below 20 carbs a day.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Exactly. No point whatsoever. Agreed. It isn’t a penance or is it? :D

Reactions: Pinkorchid

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
Exactly. No point whatsoever. Agreed. It isn’t a penance or is it? :D
While I'm prepared to accept a new life with diabetes and LCHF, my body/mind/palate still remembers the pleasure I had in cooking (professionally for 25 years) and eating the things I now need to avoid. Hard, but not impossible.

ShortStuff

Yep. I just saw it!
:bag:

I did think I wouldn’t like to be your partner! Being described as a ‘ride’. A timed ‘session’ every day to lower your BGL would make it feel like a ‘chore’ rather than a pleasure!

Pleased to see it’s only an exercise bike you’re talking about

But other more enjoyable exercise definitely helps my BGL!