Dulaglutide

missy1967

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Does anyone use this? Success rate? Anyside effects? Do the side effects wear off?

Mrs_A_Wrinkly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have been using it for about 8 weeks. I have found that the side effects are not too bad.
There does seem to be a pattern to them. I inject it on a Thursday morning as I don’t work Thursday or Friday so that initial queasy feelings and the painful stomach cramps seem to wear off after about 2 days.
I am so pleased with the resultant effect on my blood glucose levels that I can put up with the side effects. The levels have flattened out and there are no longer the sharp spikes and the double digit numbers.
The most amazing thing to me is that I have begun to feel like a normal person after 10 years of dreadful clouds in my head and mood swings.
My Husband says that I am even tempered now.
I have lost weight and am no longer continuously ravenous,and feel in control of my body and mind as a result of lower blood glucose levels.

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I found the same @Mrs_A_Wrinkly - after more than a year now the appetite reduction is less, and I'm struggling a little with weight regain, but blood sugar is even unless I've been very out of order with carbs, and I feel like a new person, with hope I didn't have before.

I should also say I credit intermittent fasting with helping me to better health, but I believe that wouldn't have happened without dulaglutide giving me a chance to change.

Mrs_A_Wrinkly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I found the same @Mrs_A_Wrinkly - after more than a year now the appetite reduction is less, and I'm struggling a little with weight regain, but blood sugar is even unless I've been very out of order with carbs, and I feel like a new person, with hope I didn't have before.

I should also say I credit intermittent fasting with helping me to better health, but I believe that wouldn't have happened without dulaglutide giving me a chance to change.

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you for this.
And I think I’ll give intermittent fasting a go... given your thoughts.
Hi @Mrs_A_Wrinkly I should also say everyone should talk with their Dr or DN about medications before fasting. My Dr was a bit wary and said I should only fast if I carried out intensive monitoring of blood sugar and blood pressure as I'm on meds for both, but the meds I take are not known to cause hypos. I have never experienced a hypo, even when fasting for 4 and a half days.

I have experimented with stopping Januvia and on another occasion metformin, but I'm not yet in a good enough place with diet control to do that.

Some people think fasting without good diet control (cutting out carbs and processed food) is not effective, but my experience is different. My system feels great when I fast, I lose weight (but very slowly due to overeating and lapses with carbs on eating days) and I'm seeing better blood sugars and blood pressure overall.