Type 2 Wooot

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
So it’s my last night here and I though blow it I’m having chips (I also thought blow it earlier and had a blueberry muffin along with ice cream).

Anyhoos I had the slow cooked pork and there was tons of fat on it so I ate it. I treated myself to chips and I’m so impressed with my sugars. Had grilled tomato instead if the ratatouille! Started at 6 ended up 2 hours later at 7.6!!

Wooohoo
The lowest I’ve been after eating all week and I got my chips!!

Think I need to just eat a slab of fat with every meal (eugh ) but if it works!
I’m assuming this fab result is due to the fat!

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope you enjoyed Poole as well.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The fat probably slowed it down rather than cancelled it. Did you keep testing after 2 hrs. A longer small rise or a delayed rise are alternative possibilities. You might have got lucky I guess but going on your other readings I’m doubtful.

Having eaten them I hope you thoroughly enjoyed them and aren’t led astray once home.

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
The fat probably slowed it down rather than cancelled it. Did you keep testing after 2 hrs. A longer small rise or a delayed rise are alternative possibilities. You might have got lucky I guess but going on your other readings I’m doubtful.

Having eaten them I hope you thoroughly enjoyed them and aren’t led astray once home.

I have nothing at home that is anti D so that’s not a problem. The cravings will be there but I won’t have anything to eat so I won’t.
I’ll have to pop to shops for dinner on way home so might get some celeriac to have chips.

Reactions: HSSS