Diabetics R Us

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I went to my friends house the other day for the first time since he passed, I was a little apprehensive as It would seem strange being there with him not there and no expansive big hug he would always great me with but it was not like that as I could sense his presence and Penny was not going to let us be sad she said this is a house of happiness not sadness.

Dennis has stipulated that black is not to be worn at his funeral and that we all should wear what we want no formal clothes as long as we wear bright and colourful clothes with maybe red and white as they are the colours of Nottingham Forrest who he supported all his life and the team his father had played for many years ago.

It's Judith's birthday today so my son who is up from Oxford for a few days is going to cook for us an Italian style meal so may be a little on the carby side bUt what the heck.:)

I first heard of Nottingham Forest in a song sung on an episode of the TV show Frasier. :) Peace and prayers for you all. And best wishes for a happy birthday to Judith -- enjoy the feast. I love y'alll's avatar photo. :)

Reactions: JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Yes that's Dennis Penny and Judith of course I'm not in the photo because I was on the other side of the camera.:)

It wasn't that I loved him like a brother we had become brothers and family.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I first heard of Nottingham Forest in a song sung on an episode of the TV show Frasier. :) Peace and prayers for you all. And best wishes for a happy birthday to Judith -- enjoy the feast. I love y'alll's avatar photo. :)
Judith says thanks for the birthday wishes.

Ade cooked us a great meal but I am afraid to check bloods at the moment will leave it a few hours I think.:)

Reactions: SaskiaKC

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Checked any way and surprised to find after 2 hours only 7.8 :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yay, @JohnEGreen! Well done.

I have been cutting stew meat for vegetable soup. Not exactly a summery meal but a friend was talking about it the other night and made me hungry. I also chopped up an onion -- even sweet Vidalia onions make me cry. :bigtears:

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
We had Slammers for tea this evening, I right enjoyed the two I ate plus a little of the cauli broccoli gratin. Whoever said that LCHF is a restrictive diet is just potty.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Having done very little all day except finish one book and start another, I am now feeling bouncy and full of energy. But the only place to go is the grocery store, and in my present mood I would be sure to buy something good but not good to eat, so I will probably stay in. Anyway it's 29 degrees outside, at 8:25 pm. :(

I have had 2 bowls of homemade veg soup today -- enough nourishing food, I want chocolate!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Having done very little all day except finish one book and start another, I am now feeling bouncy and full of energy. But the only place to go is the grocery store, and in my present mood I would be sure to buy something good but not good to eat, so I will probably stay in. Anyway it's 29 degrees outside, at 8:25 pm. :(

I have had 2 bowls of homemade veg soup today -- enough nourishing food, I want chocolate!
Why not go to the grocery shop and buy stuff for wonderful creamy low carb chocolate truffles? Making them will give you something to do with your bounciness and you'll get to eat chocolate as well :)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah, I see now you felt bouncy chocolaty 2 days ago, but you could still make them next time you feel that way :p

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good afternoon.
I have been missing for a few days. Been busy with my family history and evaluating the trees of the cousins my DNA has been matched up with. Fascinating stuff. Also been busy with Wimbledon.
Hope you are all well.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Got a recipe? :)
Haha, looking for the recipe I discovered this is not the first time you want to make them. Check out post #3312 from 19 weeks 3days ago on this very thread :hilarious:
Found it by using the search bar for chocolate truffles, posted by member Antje77.

The recipe is easy: The ratio's are:
very dark chocolate: 100
butter: 25
cream: 75
plus cocoa or crushed nuts or whatever you like to roll them in.

Melt chocolate in butter. Let cool for a bit but not too long. Add cream. Let cool for longer intil you can make little balls or cut squares. Roll in whatever you want to cover them with. Lick hands and all used kitchen implements.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sounds delicious. Thanks! I do something similar with dark chocolate, coconut, and almonds. And sometimes peanut butter.

Reactions: Antje77

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good afternoon.
I have been missing for a few days. Been busy with my family history and evaluating the trees of the cousins my DNA has been matched up with. Fascinating stuff. Also been busy with Wimbledon.
Hope you are all well.

Glad to hear you're OK. I always enjoyed my family research, looking through old courthouse records and finding distant cousins online.

I also caught a glimpse of Roger Federer on Brekkie @ Wimbledon this morning. I remembered him from maybe 5 years ago?

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Ok I'll byte what the dickens is a slammer. :)

I got the idea at M&S but make them at home. It is cheese wrapped in (high meat content) sausage meat then wrapped in bacon. Lush :happy:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
@Guzzler , I take minced meat, spice it, wrap it around cheese and cover with bacon, right? What do you think would work better, oven or frying pan?

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ah, I see now you felt bouncy chocolaty 2 days ago, but you could still make them next time you feel that way :p

hahaha now I feel like Tigger.

1d19c8e1af6e225e74f4d7380e82284e.jpg