How do I stop myself from Sweating

Hi to all'

For months now I've been constantly sweating pouring off me every day and night b clothes wet through I've only been going around in tea shirt and jeans same as now for ages it's really annoying 2 hair wet through when I wake up and the back of my hair wet.

What can I do to stop this does anyone else have it can give advise please.

Colourfull500.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
What are your blood sugars like? I sweated a lot in the time before my diabetes diagnosis, which got back to normal (my normal, which is quite a lot of sweating anyway) as soon as I was diagnosed and got my blood sugars down.

If your blood sugars are good, it could also be due to side effects from medication. Could you fill out your profile, especially type of diabetes and medication? That would make it much easier for members to give appropriate answers.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My blood sugars were high earlier I have had insulin but am still the same my blood sugar isn't low.

But I will check it again.

Colourfull500.

I meant I sweated when my blood sugars were almost always high. In another thread you mentioned that you don't like to take your insulin. Being hot, flushed and sweaty is pretty common with high blood sugars.

Sirmione

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Donald Trump
Things other than your T2 can do this see your GP with me it was hyperthyroidism which is not only manageable but permanently fixable.
An over active Thyroid can give a whole range of symptoms and not every sufferer gets all of them I only got a few and the difficulty is there is an overlap in symptom with diabetes issues. Seek GP advice on this for although it could have many other causes if it is hyperthyroidism it is quite important it is dealt with.

Last edited:

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi to all'

For months now I've been constantly sweating pouring off me every day and night b clothes wet through I've only been going around in tea shirt and jeans same as now for ages it's really annoying 2 hair wet through when I wake up and the back of my hair wet.

What can I do to stop this does anyone else have it can give advise please.

Colourfull500.

Hi Irene, I note you are a lady of a certain age (like me) but could it be the menopause?, even if you have come through it once it is very common for hot flushes to start again. It's easy to put everything down to diabetes but you never know. x

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Yep I few reasons for continuous sweats. Keep hydrated please. A GP knows your medical history better and needs to know the problem. Especially in our heatwave season.