Tofu Scramble Spice Mix

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
The lady whose cooking blog I follow has posted a new recipe that I am making today for Tofu Scramble Spice Mix. I'm going to make a jar full and we can just pop a couple of spoonfuls into the breakfast scramble when one of us makes it. I have all the ingredients and it looks like a real morning time saver!

https://itdoesnttastelikechicken.com/tofu-scramble-spice-mix-tastes-like-eggs/

Reactions: MeiChanski

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I've made the mix, and now we are out of kala namak. It'll save some fuss in the mornings - just add half a tablespoon of the mix to the tofu and away we go! All time saving is good on a working morning.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Made scrambled tofu on toast for lunch using the mix. Works very well indeed but only use half a tablespoonful of mix per 100g tofu - if you use more it comes out a bit salty.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

If I’m in a rush I just add curry powder!

I've done that too, but more for lunch than brekkie. Chuck a handful of cashews and sultanas in as well. Yummy!

Reactions: Robinredbreast

dms1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been using a variation of this seasoning mix for ages but the quantities vary because I'm the type of cook who does 'a pinch of this', 'a sprinkle of that', 'a slosh of the other' - makes my cooking interesting! I instinctively put these ingredients together after discovering kala namak because it felt right. Good to know I was on the right track.

Reactions: WuTwo

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The lady whose cooking blog I follow has posted a new recipe that I am making today for Tofu Scramble Spice Mix. I'm going to make a jar full and we can just pop a couple of spoonfuls into the breakfast scramble when one of us makes it. I have all the ingredients and it looks like a real morning time saver!

https://itdoesnttastelikechicken.com/tofu-scramble-spice-mix-tastes-like-eggs/
Thanks for these links you've posted. As you can see from my tee shirt, I am carnivorous but have a vegetarian client who loves tofu and wants to try low carb as he is pre diabetic.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Last edited: