Type 2 Libre Sensor Accuracy, is there any?

Gork

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
The people at Libre claim that it is to be expected sometimes that the meter VS test strip is off. Really? I find that most of the time, my meter is off from the test strip by 20% to 100% or more. I am on my 38th sensor with only a few failures.

They claim that the meter lags the test strip by 10 minutes. Really? I can take meter readings for the next hour and rarely see any trending to agreement of the two.

The meter does have some interesting statistical demonstration of my measurements but the trending charts do not reflect test strip readings and anything uploaded to the web site has a short life span. If you do not keep your own history, you are out of luck.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Err! It keeps 90 days of data to download. Just had a shed load downloaded at consultant appointment. For me it is very accurate and I rarely use blood testing. I’m a Type 1 who has used it to successfully reduce my HBA1C.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, so what are you trying to ask? Is the libre accurate? Or are you questioning the accuracy of your blood meter? Are you having trouble with the libre accuracy?

Gork

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Err! It keeps 90 days of data to download. Just had a shed load downloaded at consultant appointment. For me it is very accurate and I rarely use blood testing. I’m a Type 1 who has used it to successfully reduce my HBA1C.

Libre tells me that long term data is deleted from the web site. You might have one year.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Libre tells me that long term data is deleted from the web site. You might have one year.

That is why you download your results to your PC for long term storage and analysis.

Gork

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, so what are you trying to ask? Is the libre accurate? Or are you questioning the accuracy of your blood meter? Are you having trouble with the libre accuracy?

I was wondering now many others have the same problems. I went from the 10-day to the 14-day meter and the accuracy is just as lame.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was wondering now many others have the same problems. I went from the 10-day to the 14-day meter and the accuracy is just as lame.

I know if accuracy is really off, Abbott might replace it. From my experience, it’s inaccurate when it is out of 4-8mmol range, anything higher or lower I need to finger prick to confirm. With the stable readings comparing to my meter, it is off by 0.5-2mmol. I think accuracy has improved marginally since the update.
Bear in mind, do you let your sensor settle for 24hours before activating it?

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
I was not aware of this. Is it from meter-to-PC or meter-to-website-to-pc?

Metr -> website -> PC.

On the website (where your readings should go initially) .
If you go to https://www1.libreview.com/glucosereports there is a link at the top right hand side of the page "Download glucose data".

This downloads all your data as a CSV file, which can then be fed, for example, into a spreadsheet for analysis.

Gork

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I know if accuracy is really off, Abbott might replace it. From my experience, it’s inaccurate when it is out of 4-8mmol range, anything higher or lower I need to finger prick to confirm. With the stable readings comparing to my meter, it is off by 0.5-2mmol. I think accuracy has improved marginally since the update.
Bear in mind, do you let your sensor settle for 24hours before activating it?

I have the 14 day, 1 hour initializing sensor. I have monitored the readings VS test strip for the first 24 hours and have not seen much change in accuracy to speak of.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have the 14 day, 1 hour initializing sensor. I have monitored the readings VS test strip for the first 24 hours and have not seen much change in accuracy to speak of.
Most type 1s stick their sensor on and leave it for 24 hours and then activating it. This gives it time to settle. In the past where I activated it and waited an hour, the results from the first few days were quite inaccurate.

Gork

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Most type 1s stick their sensor on and leave it for 24 hours and then activating it. This gives it time to settle. In the past where I activated it and waited an hour, the results from the first few days were quite inaccurate.

Interesting idea. I will try to remember to place a new sensor and hold off activating it 24 hours before this one runs out.