Dryfruits and its impact on Blood Glucose

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

As I have said in my previous posts mankind has thrived on a fat and protein based diet for thousands upon thousands of years. It is what we evolved eating. Why do you think anything will "wear out" if we eat that way?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@JohnyT2

Thank you for the response.
You have not produced the references I asked for.
So it would appear that you are still talking speculatively and theoretically without either experience or scientific references to support your theories.

I really do suggest that you better familiarise yourself with the mechanics of longterm ketosis and low carbing, the research on the benefits for T2, and try it out for yourself, before you make any more claims about how inferior it is to your chosen method of blood glucose management. This isn’t a competition, and no one wins. We just manage our blood glucose in the best way that each of us can - and we are all unique.

Many T2s here on the forum have been managing, ‘reversing’ and controlling their T2 for years using LC and LCHF. That is a great deal of practical knowledge, backed by a vast body of science that is growing steadily. You may find it interesting to read the different threads and learn how so many different people are managing their personal versions of T2. If you just post on threads presenting your own theories then I think you will find the forum of limited value to you.

JohnyT2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
I really do suggest that you better familiarise yourself with the mechanics of longterm ketosis and low carbing, the research on the benefits for T2, and try it out for yourself, before you make any more claims about how inferior it is to your chosen method of blood glucose management. This isn’t a competition, and no one wins. We just manage our blood glucose in the best way that each of us can - and we are all unique.

Not sure what made you feel that I am claiming anything inferior to my chosen method of BGM. I have not even mentioned about my BGM neither we are discussing here whats my method of BGM . All that we are discussing here is about a method that has proven working for many due to cut down in glucose producing component and supporting body with alternate form of energy.

If you would look at the discussion with view point that its a comparison of the approaches to which one is superior, then my friend you are going in wrong direction of discussion.

Infact in other thread i have mentioned that I am here to learn and find more ways from other peoples experiences in better controlling the excess glucose problem, there could be wide range of approaches. I am not judging anyone on there approach to solve the problem, objective is to learn from experiences and try to better understand and rationalize things.

Many T2s here on the forum have been managing, ‘reversing’ and controlling their T2 for years using LC and LCHF. That is a great deal of practical knowledge, backed by a vast body of science that is growing steadily. You may find it interesting to read the different threads and learn how so many different people are managing their personal versions of T2. If you just post on threads presenting your own theories then I think you will find the forum of limited value to you.

Indeed there is great deal of practical knowledge available on this forum and that been a great learning.
And for sure some one must have presented the idea of LCHF long time ago on the forum, which is now helping a lot of people...
So keeping ears open doesnt do much harm, ultimately its a learning experience...

Reactions: jjraak

JohnyT2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
As I have said in my previous posts mankind has thrived on a fat and protein based diet for thousands upon thousands of years. It is what we evolved eating. Why do you think anything will "wear out" if we eat that way?
Well thats partially true for certain region.
But if we look across the globe, there are certain region which are prominently meat driven region basically region in arctic circle or antartic circle. But on the other hand we see regions in south east asia they are primarily driven by high carb food like rice and noodles and then there are regions which are on wheat/cereals based carb diet.
Probably we should try to review this angle also in considering the diet.

But overall I am happy that it works good for you :) I hope no harm in just brainstorming things...

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
But on the other hand we see regions in south east asia they are primarily driven by high carb food like rice and noodles
Not in the prehistoric past ... you are mistaking a few thousand years (a blink of the eye in human evolution) with the hundreds of thousands of years (millions) before that.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi again, johnny

You have made your own T2 management strategy very clear, across multiple threads.
This post probably sums it up best
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/t2-done-and-dusted-half-marathon-21-1-kms.167467/
I believe you have recently switched to vegetarianism too?
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/th...-impact-on-blood-glucose.167593/#post-2119534
Both of these are definitely tools that can be used to manage T2

You also posted earlier on the thread to say that you consider glucose a better, safer energy source than fats and have expressed concern about the long term safety of LCHF.
I totally appreciate your desire to question LCHF and your concerns. Many of us started from the same perspective.
However, if you want to address those concerns you need to dive deeper into the research.

It is great that your posts are evolving, but do you realise that you are now posting (#63) an opinion that contradicts unreferenced statements that you made earlier in this thread?
And that much of your last post was just repeating things that I myself have said to you in previous posts on this thread?

Once again (3rd time) i urge you to do further reading on the science of ketosis. You would probably find these books interesting: Voleck and Phinney, The Art and Science of Low Carb Living and The Art and Science of Low Carb Performance. Also the work by Virta, and the published stats from Diabetes.co.uk’s own Low Carb Programme.

Having said all that, I will now step back from this thread (unless I need to step in to moderate it).
I do not appreciate having ideas that I explained higher up the thread being parroted back to me as if I needed a lecture on the subject.