Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Pre dinner: 6.2

Main course - salad:
small cold roast chicken thigh with skin on, feta cheese. walnut pieces. 5 blackberries, watercress, fresh thyme, and walnut oil & lemon juice dressing
Afters:
Goosegogs cooked in butter & erythritol.stevia mix; made into a gooseberry fool with extra thick Jersey double cream and a sprinkle of elderflower essence, & topped with toasted flaked almonds

Herb tea

Post meal: 6.2

= One Happy Robbity :)

Reactions: Larissima
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Main course - salad:
small cold roast chicken thigh with skin on, feta cheese. walnut pieces. 5 blackberries, watercress, fresh thyme, and walnut oil & lemon juice dressing
Afters:
Goosegogs cooked in butter & erythritol.stevia mix; made into a gooseberry fool with extra thick Jersey double cream and a sprinkle of elderflower essence, & topped with toasted flaked almonds

Herb tea

Sounds very nice, but only 5 blackberries, they are so yummy this time of year :)

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds very nice, but only 5 blackberries, they are so yummy this time of year :)
And free. I collect some every day whilst walking the dog. People probably think I am very good clearing up after my dog and taking it home but the bag contains blackberries. (dog uses the garden).

Reactions: hh1

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Main course - salad:
Afters:

Herb tea

Delicious!
And a perfick bg pre/post

I don’t still have the exact bg numbers, but my usual Xmas dinners always give back a stonkingly even result that lasts about 18 hours.

1 large steak, cooked rare
Fried onion rings
Crumbled Stilton
Green salad (large, and v optional)
With mayo on the salad, or butter on the steak.
I sometimes add balsamic or Pom syrup too for that festive pzazzz.

The trick is to eat so much steak that the thought of Xmas nibbles is unappealing ;)

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Pre dinner: 6.8

Starter: Share platter, chicken wings, ribs, garlic bread, breaded mushrooms

Main: Massive steak, Chips, battered onion rings, suggestion of veg

Desert: Apple crumble with loads of custard

Reactions: zand
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
And free. I collect some every day whilst walking the dog. People probably think I am very good clearing up after my dog and taking it home but the bag contains blackberries. (dog uses the garden).

They are delicious and some grow just 30 seconds from my house :)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Pre prandial 4.9 mmol/l

450g sirloin steak cooked on the barbecue

Post prandial 4.8 mmol/l

GNG pah! (for me at least)

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Pre-dinner 6.2

Starters - Samosas

Main - Full roast pork dinner with Yorkshire pudding, pile of veg, carrots, broccoli, and "scouse" and with enough gravy to drown a rat.

Dessert - Death by chocolate cake with ice cream

Postprandial - I really don't care because I suspect I would also be very drunk

Omg, food p*rn. x

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yep, been there done that with dog bags!

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry Mr Pot, I have a image of you going out to pick berries on your walk and the one day your dog does his business in the park you get home, open the bag of berries and find something very different. :hungover::banghead:

Reactions: Knikki

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry Mr Pot, I have a image of you going out to pick berries on your walk and the one day your dog does his business in the park you get home, open the bag of berries and find something very different. :hungover::banghead:
As you can imagine, I am very careful to avoid that problem! My wife was alarmed the first time I put the bag in the fridge without mentioning it.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It was my birthday last weekend.

Smoked Salmon, capers, cream cheese

60 day dry aged Cote du Beouf with some roasted courgettes

Bottle or two of Gigondas

Didn’t check before or after cos I never do, and never have.

Reactions: Larissima