• Thread starter catherinecherub
  • Start Date

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
103 which I was pleased with until I saw all these results under 90.my first fasting test myself

Crissy welcome to the forum, you have landed at a good place.
Its not a competition here. In the beginning I bungled and screwed up a lot until I found something that seemed to work for me. ie two meals a day and carbohydrates kept to 20 gms or below per day. I have to be very very strict to maintain my BG values and I guess that most here are in the same boat. I have a couple of other serious health issues and can say that diabetes is the most demanding of them all. Its a bit like feeling the" lonliness of the long distance runner." By the way 103 mg/dl looks like a pretty good start to me. Also posting your values each day is a very good way of keeping yourself focused and ontrack. Best wishes with your dealing with the diabetes devil.

Reactions: Prem51

ChrissyW

109 start this morning. 2hrs later 114 after 1 weetabix with almond milk, some soft fruits and two cups of tea with a little milk. Is this good or bad?

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
109 start this morning. 2hrs later 114 after 1 weetabix with almond milk, some soft fruits and two cups of tea with a little milk. Is this good or bad?

IMHO its not good, weetabix is mainly carbohydrates, fruits are also not good unless in very small amounts. Almond milk and tea are perfectly OK. Regular milk contains lactose [milk sugar] and is not good.

Reactions: ChrissyW

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
A rise of only 5 mg/dl is good after quite a carby breakfast.

ChrissyW

Thank you both,
I am trying a different breakfast each day to see what works for me.
This is my first week of testing. So, after 2 hours should reading be back to what it was? Sorry, having trouble getting my head around it all. Thanks for being patient with me.

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Thank you both,
I am trying a different breakfast each day to see what works for me.
This is my first week of testing. So, after 2 hours should reading be back to what it was? Sorry, having trouble getting my head around it all. Thanks for being patient with me.

If you BG value returns to normal two hours after the first bite then you are in a great place ie you dont have a problem with insulin resistance. Best you keep going with your trials and as is said on this forum[ a thousand times a day,at least] everybody is different. I can tell you that for me its a real struggle to maintain decent results and I need to live on mainly,eggs, meat fish, some cheese and salads and thats it .Oh yes sometimes some cream in my coffee. It will be interesting how your trials work out,and of course I wish you excellent results.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Your pre and post prandial readings are both good.
These are the NICE recommended target readings:

Screenshot 2018-07-30 at 10.58.43.png