Snacks?

GLVS

Hi,
I'm 17wks having been diagnosed with GD at 15wks. I had it with 1st pregnancy but not picked up until much later. Currently diet controlled which is going ok-ish but really struggling with snacks. I feel hungry all the time, sick if I don't eat and really struggling with snacks. I'm bored already of cheese, natural /Greek yogurt, houmous and carrots/cucumber/celery and boiled eggs! Any ideas on something filling that would meet the 10g limit?

Any advise gratefully received.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Bacon and eggs? Home made dark chocolate truffles (85 or 90% chocolate, cream, butter, optional walnuts mixed in. Around 1 gram of carbs each, so you can eat quite a lot of them)? Nuts? Two slices of aubergine with ham and cheese in between, fried until the cheese melts? Cheese crisps (mature cheese, grated and zapped in microwave for a couple of minutes. They should be crispy as crisps after cooling, when they're chewy they need a bit longer)? Pork scratchings? Meatballs (make a batch and reheat or eat cold for snacking)? Deviled eggs? Olives?

Hope you have a wonderful pregnancy and the best baby in the world, @GLVS !

Last edited:

GLVS

Love the meatball, cheese crisps and truffle ideas. Olives would also be fab at work! Thank you. I think I'll be trying them all!!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Love the meatball, cheese crisps and truffle ideas. Olives would also be fab at work! Thank you. I think I'll be trying them all!!

It’s quite expensive (but delicious) but Sainsbury’s sell a brand of baked snacking cheese called Serious Pig. Comes in handy sized bags and is very moreish.

Reactions: GLVS

mouseee

Aldi gluten free nut bars. Two flavours and both around 5g per bar. Great for sticking in a bag if you need something when out too.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Meat? I sometimes have a few slices of ham or beef or a chicken leg. At ANY time of the day, it may seem odd but try it! Also, make a batch of low carb soup and a small bowl of that whenever you like is also filling (and easy to prepare quickly). x