Novopen 6. where to buy one.

MoonSpirit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
According to web site details NovoPen 6, the new version that stores and can uploads insulin dose details
became available beginning of the year 2019. But where? I’m type 1 and keen to get one.
Its now end of year and I have been unable to find anywhere to buy one.

Novopen appear good at announcing things as available, then everything goes quiet for years.
It was the same with the Novopen5. I ended up finding them for sale in China and bought one from a supplier there two years before they appeared in UK. (the place in China I ordered the 5 from is no longer in business so can’t ask them)

Please Can anyone point me to someone, somewhere, in the world where I can buy one?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
According to web site details NovoPen 6, the new version that stores and can uploads insulin dose details
became available beginning of the year 2019. But where? I’m type 1 and keen to get one.
Its now end of year and I have been unable to find anywhere to buy one.

Novopen appear good at announcing things as available, then everything goes quiet for years.
It was the same with the Novopen5. I ended up finding them for sale in China and bought one from a supplier there two years before they appeared in UK. (the place in China I ordered the 5 from is no longer in business so can’t ask them)

Please Can anyone point me to someone, somewhere, in the world where I can buy one?

Have you considered contacting the manufacturer at all? Their UK website makes no reference to it: http://www.novonordisk.co.uk/patients/diabetes/our-products.html

If it has been paunched, they'd likely know who their big buyers are.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @MoonSpirit ,

Just been looking about the net regarding the Novopen Echo 6. All I've seemed to have found is news articals of its intended applications. It's kind of sketchy as to a release to market.

Looks promising. Regarding linking to the MySugr app.
Developments with Abbott Libre link seems to be news too, along with the stuff from Roche?

However, there doesn't seem to be any "promo pictures" of the new device? (Just stock pictures of the 5.) & encouraging news on progress with "pipeline" prospective collaborations from Nordisk & development with the companies mentioned above..

Unless I've missed something. & the current release of this device is regional like the Freestyle Libre MK2..?

Incidentally, when the Novopen 5 came out. It was put on my repeat script due to the discontiuation of it's predessor.
Correction, technically it wasn't. The chemist informed me, & they dealt with the surgery.

MoonSpirit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve always chased the latest tech.
Gives me something to do and it’s kept me alive so far.
(48 years living with T1 and no serious complications so far)
The novopen 5 was a big improvement, as I was always forgetting if I’d done my jab or not.

I have emailed novonordisk. Had noting back so far apart from an acknowledgment.
The 6 will be the next big improvement.
I’ve no doubt I will eventually find one for sale in a foreign land and order it mail order.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve always chased the latest tech.
Gives me something to do and it’s kept me alive so far.
(48 years living with T1 and no serious complications so far)
The novopen 5 was a big improvement, as I was always forgetting if I’d done my jab or not.

I have emailed novonordisk. Had noting back so far apart from an acknowledgment.
The 6 will be the next big improvement.
I’ve no doubt I will eventually find one for sale in a foreign land and order it mail order.

Hey!

Nothing wrong with finding something that can help make things that little bit easier.
The Novopens have improved massively since the first offerings.. The build quality is better too!

I agree that the routine with insulin can sometimes make you think "did I inject?" It's just the norm..

43 years for me.. Good luck with your quest.

& please let us know how you got on.. :)

MoonSpirit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Had reply from Nordisk as expected saying not available in U.K. or Channel Islands.

I have replied, pointing out there press releases said it would be available 1st qtr 2019. saying I knew that and it wasn’t available UK, what I asked, was where in the world it is available. So I can endeavor to get one mail order.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Had reply from Nordisk as expected saying not available in U.K. or Channel Islands.

I have replied, pointing out there press releases said it would be available 1st qtr 2019. saying I knew that and it wasn’t available UK, what I asked, was where in the world it is available. So I can endeavor to get one mail order.

Hi,

Thanks for the update.

What I've read about the devolpment of the "6" seems to have come from independent diabetic tech sources.. Which may have been a little optimistic regarding the release date? Especially when they added the news Nordik was was also talking about a collaboration with Abbott & the Libre link app..

I'm starting to get a bit exited about the 6's intended applications via BT. I hope it comes into fruition.

MoonSpirit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just had a reply from Nordisk,
The Novopen 6 is not available anywhere in the world.

In other words (unless they are supplying customers on the Moon or Mars) they were lying when they put out a press release saying it was going to be available from 1st qtr 2019.

Last edited:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just had a reply from Nordisk,
The Novopen 6 is not available anywhere in the world.

In other words they were lying when they put out a press release saying it was going to be available from 1st qtr 2019.

Hi,
Thanks for the update.

Sorry to hear this..

But from what I have read on the subject. The "news" seemed to come from "independent sources" claiming to have "inside knowledge?" They don't seem to be affiliated with Nordisk..

It quite often happens with "vloggers" raving about the prospects of a new film not even completed in a popular franchise ..?
They claim sometimes that a "source" has obtained a script, then the supposition tries to back it up with a blurred distance shot of a purported film shot on a beach..

Alas. I feel this maybe the case with the NP6.. There were no actual photos, just a representation "stock" picture of the NP5.
It can still happen? But, (I share your frustration,) a little way off