Black toenails

Amandapodevin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Good evening
My name’s Amanda and I’m type 1 and have been nearly 30 years. About a month or 2 ago I noticed my right big toe had what looked like a bruise under the nail but I haven’t hurt it at all. In the last few weeks I’ve noticed the same happen to my left toe. Neither of them hurt but do sometimes ache. I don’t want to pester the doctor but I don’t know if I should be worried

mouseee

I would say it wouldn't be pestering them! If you are worried please go. That's what they are there for. At the very least you could speak to your diabetic nurse?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Always worth getting them looked at by a doc or podiatrist You don’t want to take any chances with feet!

Have you ever had anything like this before? I had a black toenail once from too tight shoes rubbing the nail. Teenage shoe choices! :rolleyes: I was very lucky not to lose the nail, but the details have faded...

Please get them checked out.

Reactions: EllieM

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Visit your doctor.
No one on the forum is qualified to give out medical advice and feet are too precious to take chances with.

Pura Vida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good evening
My name’s Amanda and I’m type 1 and have been nearly 30 years. About a month or 2 ago I noticed my right big toe had what looked like a bruise under the nail but I haven’t hurt it at all. In the last few weeks I’ve noticed the same happen to my left toe. Neither of them hurt but do sometimes ache. I don’t want to pester the doctor but I don’t know if I should be worried
I had the same problem, I wore a pair of runners that were somewhat to small
on holydays In Sept, 2 weeks later my big toes were turning dark .no pain though
so I am not too worried .

M

Member496333

If I had two black toenails and hadn't just run a marathon in shoes a size too small, I would seek medical opinion immediately.