Has anyone had higher readings on the day of A1c test ?

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
So yesterday I had my blood test for the A1c and cholesterol .
Every morning for months now my morning blood finger prick test as been between 5.4 and 6.4 .

I fasted from 5.pm Thursday and my blood test was at 11am yesterday .

When i woke i took my blood reading was 7.6 , had the tests was very happy as blood pressure perfect , I've lost a stone in weight and now just waiting until Tuesday for the results .

Tested again when i got home and finger test was 7.6 still .

I was testing all day before my lunch and after and it stayed the same , even after my walk after my evening meal it was still 7.8 .

Just woke this morning and its back down to 6.2 an improvement for sure .

I wasn't nervous and i didn't feel anxious at all about the A1c so I just don't get it lol .

elizasue

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you normally fast from 5pm?

Or maybe you were nervous/excited (haha) about getting your HBA1c tested but without realising it?

I know when I get mine tested again in December - will be very keen to know the results after trying extremely hard with low carb diet for past 3 months...

What result are you hoping to get?

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Do you normally fast from 5pm?

Or maybe you were nervous/excited (haha) about getting your HBA1c tested but without realising it?

I know when I get mine tested again in December - will be very keen to know the results after trying extremely hard with low carb diet for past 3 months...

What result are you hoping to get?

I do normally fast from 5 that is when I eat my last meal of the day then I walk and usually have breakfast around 7.30 daily .

I may have been excited but I know I wasn't nervous lol

I'm hoping for a lower result than 59 for sure ;)

Good luck with your A1c , let us know what it is we love to celebrate on here our achievements . :)

elizasue

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hey Wackyjacky64

My results were a bit **** at 6.0% for HBA1c - really fed up - as had been trying super hard and not cheating. Hey ho - it's a way of life now, so at least it was going in the right direction. What was yours?

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Hey Wackyjacky64

My results were a bit **** at 6.0% for HBA1c - really fed up - as had been trying super hard and not cheating. Hey ho - it's a way of life now, so at least it was going in the right direction. What was yours?
Mine was 46 cholesterol was 6.4 not bothered about that but was happy with my A1c , i have changed my diet back to carbs under 130 a day as keto was making me ill. I feel great to be honest .

Reactions: Daphne917

Mike Sixx

For me stress can account for almost 2mmol increase, usually around 1.5mmol increase in blood glugose values.
Temporary high BG value does not effect HBA1c value. As the HBA1c is measurement of the long term blood glugose levels.

Reactions: WackyJacky64