needles

Wendi22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone use GlucoRx Carepoint needles?
The surgery has just changed my prescription to these, presumably because they are the cheapest they can find.

It's a bit annoying as my DN had changed my needle prescription 6 months ago to Omnican fine, which don't hurt at all like the Microdot ones did.

If others find them okay I shall not make a fuss!

Wendi22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Wendi, i would like to use GlucoRx but i am afraid of. Can you share more info?
I'm afraid I haven't run out of my present ones yet so haven't had to order them. I was also wondering what I was in for.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Speak to your DSN and the to your GP. It looks like your GP is trying to save money, they are not allowed to do that!

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Its worth asking to be changed back to your original needles, normally its the practice manager who tells the DN and GP which needles the local CCG have recommended as best value and to prescribe them if they can get away with it, but normally the CCG have given the last say on the decision to the GP or DN if an appeal or report is made by the patient on the grounds of pain, discomfort and or bruising caused by the new needles as they are fully aware that some of these cheaper needles are worse than useless but choose to ignore it until they get a complaint.

Wendi22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Its worth asking to be changed back to your original needles, normally its the practice manager who tells the DN and GP which needles the local CCG have recommended as best value and to prescribe them if they can get away with it, but normally the CCG have given the last say on the decision to the GP or DN if an appeal or report is made by the patient on the grounds of pain, discomfort and or bruising caused by the new needles as they are fully aware that some of these cheaper needles are worse than useless but choose to ignore it until they get a complaint.
Thank you, I will probably have to try them first before I complain but that's good to know.

sgm14

I've only been using insulin for a year, but these are the needles that I have been given and I don't have any problems with them.

Very occasionally, I can feel a slight pin-prick but usually I don't feel anything (in fact, quite often I have to check visually to make sure the needle is in!).